Honey Fuji Apple and Black Sesame Mousse Cake
Well I am gearing into a great mood yet busy as I am preparing for a media interview for this weekend and I need to show them what I am goonna bake this weekend. I may sound cocky but I am excited on what I should be baking. Well definitely going to be exciting.
I stumbled upon this Fuji apple recipe and I find it pretty handy indeed as most of the ingredients can be easily found and even you can buy Fuji apples from the night market. At most it is not expensive and you can bake this cake all year round. I find it rather light and not too sweet yet simple which I like most. Simplicity is the best!
(15cm x 12 cm)
27g Melted butter
4g Baking soda
75g Cake flour
1. Mix Soda and water together.
2. Sieve cake flour and milk powder well.
3. Then mix all ingredients to smooth paste.
4. Pour onto tray and bake at 230C for 5minutes.
150 White Wine or Water
22g Lemon Juice
330g Fuji Apple (peeled & diced)
50ml Honey or Calvados (Apple Liquor)
A pinch of Cinnamon Powder
1. Bring all the ingredients to the boil.
2. Stew the diced apples in the liquid.
3. Remove the apple from the liquid when they are still a bit firm.
4. Let is set aside.