Seang Lim Toptaste Prawn Mee Famous Hokkien Mee Penang

Seang Lim Toptaste Prawn Mee Hokkien Mee 1

It was early morning weekend breakfast where we meet up for a bowl of Prawn Mee or Famous Penang Hokkien Mee at Seang Lim along Macalister Road, located at a small food court which can’t be missed.

Seang Lim Toptaste Prawn Mee Hokkien Mee 2

What caught my eye was this huge dummy prawn hanged on top of the stall! Just awesome gazing at it while drooling waiting to indugle a good delicous bowl of noodle.

Seang Lim Toptaste Prawn Mee Hokkien Mee 3
The preparation of a bowl of goodness noodle.

Seang Lim Toptaste Prawn Mee Hokkien Mee 4
Various type of noodle topping from mantis rawn, short spare ribs, squid and even pig intestine, awesomely divine!

Seang Lim Toptaste Prawn Mee Hokkien Mee
I just love this prawn noodle, one of the best I had tried so far, the prawn broth was so well done, intensely tasty and having thos mantis topping, just melted me with awesome deliciousness, definitely a must have when you are in Penang, something not to be missed . . . . . wish you were here sharing a bowl with me, hmmm…. nope I want it all by myself, you can order one yourself, cause it is truly delicious! Sidney :)

Seang Lim Toptaste
Prawn Mee Famous Hokkien Mee
Macalister Road
Penang

• January 12, 2010 - 12:09 am | Permalink

That must be flavorful and highly enjoyable!

.-= Rosa´s last blog ..WEEKEND CAT BLOGGING #240 =-.

• January 12, 2010 - 12:41 am | Permalink

Hmmm…it looks nothing like the prawn mee I knew before. New version of prawn mee huh?
    .-= LCOM´s last blog ..Baked Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans =-.

• January 12, 2010 - 6:02 am | Permalink

You’re making me feel really hungry! I really miss Hokkien mee, it’s one of my favourite dishes.
    .-= Su-yin´s last blog ..Having fun with turkey leftovers =-.

• January 12, 2010 - 8:04 am | Permalink

Errr… I am figuring out where is this place… it looks familiar to me leh…
    .-= NKOTB´s last blog ..The Living Room =-.

• January 12, 2010 - 9:30 am | Permalink

Hokkien mee with so many mantis prawn sure looks inviting.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Singapore Hawker Food – Geylang Lor 29 Fried Hokkien Mee =-.

• January 12, 2010 - 9:58 am | Permalink

The broth looks a shade darker than I’m comfortable… this is like Hokkien Mee Version 3.0! My choice of topping would be mantis prawns x 2, spare ribs x 2, chop chop! 😀

• January 12, 2010 - 10:40 am | Permalink

mantis prawns on prawn mee? first time hearing it O_o gimme the mantis prawns!!!
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Movie Review: The premier of ??? Woohoo =-.

• January 12, 2010 - 12:56 pm | Permalink

wow. . . the dummy sign board is really huge..
    no wodner its famous..

aiks…sure must go try out liau next round~
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Apom Manis @ Kuchai Lama =-.

• January 12, 2010 - 3:46 pm | Permalink

This is awesome and luxurious stuff. The toppings are fantastic!

• January 12, 2010 - 4:57 pm | Permalink

Wah mantis prawns! Something new… And the giant dummy prawn is so cute! LOL
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..Room Eighteen at Mid Valley =-.

• Danny
    January 12, 2010 - 4:57 pm | Permalink

It was year 1987 when I have my first prawn mee in Penang at Macaliter Road, being KL,ites the taste of this Penang prawn mee made me furious. Furious being mislead by all those KL hawkers self-claimed Penang prawn mee. It is this authentic Penang prawn mee that enable me to distinguish the KL type and Penang type. The only one in KL which is closed to Penang taste is OS restorant at Paramount,PJ.

• January 12, 2010 - 8:03 pm | Permalink

I am getting more and more hungry with each of your post! 😉
    .-= yours deliciously´s last blog ..Tomato Basil Sauce to Freeze =-.

• January 13, 2010 - 9:21 am | Permalink

One of my favourite too! I haven’t visit them since they moved. Gonna visit them soon.
    .-= allie´s last blog ..Spicy and Sour Fish Bihun @ Sg. Ara =-.

• January 13, 2010 - 9:48 am | Permalink

You have an interesting team here! Thank you for dropping by and led me to your site. I definitely have to try the Prawn Mee the next time I am in Penang. Will be back for more…
    .-= shirley@kokken69´s last blog ..Strawberry Rose Lassi =-.

• January 13, 2010 - 5:50 pm | Permalink

looks interesting, yummy stuff. next time, let’s plan a makan trip to Melaka and Penang
    .-= saucer´s last blog ..Port Village Seafood @ Port Klang =-.

• January 13, 2010 - 10:50 pm | Permalink

Wow…really King of Prawn Mee, hehehhe!
    .-= uLi´s last blog ..Yummy-licious Chicken Hot Pot (???) =-.

• chan eng leong
    January 11, 2012 - 12:46 am | Permalink

this is macalister road,penang food court delicious,????????