One Bite Petite Durian Tart – Big Boys Oven Sweet Dessert

Petite Durian Tart 1

It had been the durian season last couple of weeks and I recalled the last post I did with durian was when I was interviewed by Gabey from The Malay Mail was the chocolate durian moussecake. As for this time my hand got rather itchy when meeting up with durians.

Petite Durian Tart

With the leftover tart shells inside my air tight container I whipped up a batch of durian puree and filled all the tart shells that I had. The smell was awesomely good as some may say it is the aroma of the asian blue cheese but some may run away.

• August 7, 2009 - 7:03 am | Permalink

Durian tarts!! I shouldn’t read this so early in the morning. I’m hungry already!
    .-= superwilson´s last blog ..Mix Fm’s Super Chic Sunday & Dearly Deported =-.

• August 7, 2009 - 12:34 pm | Permalink

I think it looks awesome!! desserts are not hard to make BUT it is hard to make it look pretty (for me la..) yours look fantastic Sunny.. I would love to pop one in my mouth!
    .-= daphne´s last blog ..Honey Roasted Spiced Pumpkin and Carrot Soup =-.

• August 7, 2009 - 1:06 pm | Permalink

They look so pretty and must taste wonderful! I like the unique flavor of durian…

• August 7, 2009 - 1:45 pm | Permalink

My skill is not up to the level to make this type of tarts, hehe…Yours look cute and tempting.
    .-= Little Inbox´s last blog ..Harvest In Cafe @ Irrawady Road =-.

• August 7, 2009 - 2:31 pm | Permalink

haha .. like little inbox, my skill is also not up to the level of making tarts yet. but they look so adorably cute!!!
    .-= Duckie´s last blog ..Restauran White House, Penang Times Square =-.

• August 7, 2009 - 2:50 pm | Permalink

cool tarts … bet they tasted fabulously … smelly. :)
    love em durians.

• August 7, 2009 - 3:41 pm | Permalink

What a creative way of using the local fruit in making the tarts.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Bagan Bar and Restaurant, Penang =-.

• August 7, 2009 - 4:21 pm | Permalink

yummmmmm eh you must really bring some of these up to penang.. :)
    .-= lingzie´s last blog ..Bangkok Tomyam @ Jalan Mahkamah, Bayan Lepas, Penang =-.

• August 7, 2009 - 5:31 pm | Permalink

ehhh…can ta pau some for me aahh..on sunday?:p
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Claypot Chicken Rice @ Jln Pudu =-.

• August 7, 2009 - 5:49 pm | Permalink

Durian tarts, they looks adorable but too bad I don’t eat durian :P
    .-= allie´s last blog ..Ipoh Dim Sum @ Yoke Fook Moon =-.

• August 7, 2009 - 8:59 pm | Permalink

OMG! Can smell those durian tarts from miles away!
    .-= email2me´s last blog ..Nikonian Academy at Kota Damansara, The Professional Photography Training Center =-.

• August 7, 2009 - 11:28 pm | Permalink

I’ve still never tasted durian, but of course have heard all of the hype… Regardless, these little tartlettes are absolutely gorgeous! Simple but perfect presentation. :)
    .-= Hannah´s last blog ..Urban Foraging =-.

• August 8, 2009 - 12:05 am | Permalink

wow, such a cutey durian tart.. so adorable..^_^

• August 8, 2009 - 1:47 am | Permalink

Lovely mini durian tarts! I bet I can smell it from afar. :P
    .-= Little Corner of Mine´s last blog ..Summer Fruit Cake =-.

• August 8, 2009 - 10:54 am | Permalink

ohh I definitely won’t run away seeing and smelling this cutey!!! hehe

• August 8, 2009 - 3:48 pm | Permalink

So cute! Give me the durian!
    .-= pigpigscorner´s last blog ..Chinese-Style BBQ Ribs =-.

• Danny
    August 8, 2009 - 5:55 pm | Permalink

Tried the tarts at BBO class and one big problem…just can,t stop eating them.

• August 8, 2009 - 6:43 pm | Permalink

very creative to use the King of the Fruit to make this tart. :) Awesome
    .-= New Kid On The Blog´s last blog ..Max Gourmet ???? =-.

• August 9, 2009 - 10:26 pm | Permalink

Very yummy. I’m sure one bite is enough to convert the hardest of hearts to durian! ;) (I’m looking at you, Mario Batali…)
    .-= Manggy´s last blog ..Barefoot Contessa’s Roasted Tomato Caprese Salad =-.

• August 9, 2009 - 11:41 pm | Permalink

you guys reminded me to eat durian!! gosh.. really missed it ;P
    nice looking tarts btw :)
    .-= Christine´s last blog ..TGIF @ Buchanan Street =-.

• August 11, 2009 - 10:26 am | Permalink

What pretty little things! I simply love durian pastries.
    .-= noobcook´s last blog ..Home Made Lemonade =-.

• November 29, 2010 - 1:21 pm | Permalink

those tarts look delicious! :-)

we also have durian candies, tarts, bars, and even durian ice cream. check out our website: Apo ni Lola Durian Delicacies