THE WOK CAFE Penang Hawker Food & Nyonya Cuisine – Kota Damansara Best

THE ARRIVAL
The Wok Cafe

A few weeks ago I tagged along with CK Lam and other invited foodies to try out the food at Wok Cafe, located at The Strand, Kota Damansara. Great to have the opportunity to visit this eatery as there is not many Penang style food around this area but growing. I was also imformed that this eatery serve authentic nyonya food and a range of hawler food too. Wow! Just memorizing indeed, imagining dishes after dishes flying through my mind, just pure gastronomic!

Upon arriving this place had just amazed me as how finely detailed the owners themselves had created the interiors, very nyonya over a very rustic feel. You will notice a full set of hand wood carving panellings that showcased the restaurant. The fine details were extended to the chairs, tables, large mirrors, clocks, fans and many more. They just amazed and attracted the lenses of every dinners and particularly the foodies themselves, just dining like Babas and Nyonyas.

The Wok Cafe 4

THE SETTING

The Wok Cafe1

The Wok Cafe 2

The Wok Cafe 3

• July 17, 2009 - 7:26 pm | Permalink

wow looks like you need to look no further to savour Penang nyonya and hawker food!!! Nice ambiance and nice food = satisfying!! :)

• July 17, 2009 - 7:33 pm | Permalink

The setting is beautiful and the food looks gorgeous!
    .-= Pigpigscorner´s last blog ..Restaurant Review – Rodizio Rico, Carnivore’s Delight =-.

• July 17, 2009 - 11:13 pm | Permalink

A nice post on The Wok Cafe with all the delicious food! Beh tahan looking at the food, now very hungry late in the night…
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Penang Chu Char at Anson Park Seafood =-.

• July 18, 2009 - 4:51 pm | Permalink

aiksss… again ugly photos of me?!?!?!

• July 18, 2009 - 5:43 pm | Permalink

This is such a long post, hehe. But it brought back sweet memories of good old Penang. Ahh… missing it already even though I’ve only been away for less than 2 months. The nangka sago dessert would be my favourit-est! :)
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..Teh Tarik Place in IOI Mall =-.

• July 18, 2009 - 6:16 pm | Permalink

I like this kind of place… it’s authentic, ya? Already finished watching “little nyonya” last weekend… very interesting!
    .-= Selba´s last blog ..Cheese Cake with RUF Käsekuchen Hilfe =-.

• July 18, 2009 - 9:08 pm | Permalink

yummy….. all delicious foods… feel very hungry now. Nice review.
    .-= FoOd PaRaDiSe´s last blog ..Restoran Double Dragon Inn @ Gottlieb Road, Penang =-.

• July 19, 2009 - 6:11 pm | Permalink

Very nice setting! More keng than Penang one. I believe the dishes served at KL is equivalent tasty like Penang branch .
    .-= cariso´s last blog ..Secret Recipe got Sarawak Laksa eh?! Ei khi or beh khi leh? =-.

• July 19, 2009 - 10:48 pm | Permalink

what a nice restaurant with intricate wood design! hope to give this place a try when back in kl next month. am already eyeing the prawn noodle!
    .-= npm´s last blog ..Mixed About Mixers! Cuisinart? KitchenAid? Kenwood? …? =-.

• July 20, 2009 - 1:59 am | Permalink

The food pictures look great! What would you recommend if I were to pick one dish to eat there =)

• July 20, 2009 - 10:59 am | Permalink

I would like to try their desserts, make me mouth-watering~~
    .-= mimid3vils´s last blog ..The Street Cafe =-.

• July 20, 2009 - 11:08 am | Permalink

yerrrr my pics :(

p/s: missing the sago nangka now
    .-= xin´s last blog ..DIY: Fried spaghetti with chicken =-.

• July 21, 2009 - 1:57 pm | Permalink

tried that restaurant after alot of good review but i just don kno whow to enjoy nyonya food i guess~
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince =-.

• July 21, 2009 - 7:13 pm | Permalink

luckily i just ate my dinner. if not, sure hungry till die. hahaha.

nice post, nice photos!
    .-= allenooi´s last blog ..I Mum Mum Restaurant @ Penang PDC Flats =-.