BLACK STALLION – THE BLACK MACARON

THE INTRODUCTION

Black Stallion Macaron 3

This is my latest bakes, a bunch of oriental flavoured macarons and I called them, The Black Stallion. They looked so pretty awesome purely black and glossy shine, yet so eye catching indeed, I just adore them.

A girlfriend of mine said, ” One look, I am totally in love with them, so man, so slick!”

For this Black Stallion macaron shell, I decided to match them with japanese black sesame cream. The flavour of the black sesame cream tasted subtle and pretty awesome with a hint of saltiness, just balance the sweetness of the macaron shell.

The whole black stallion macaron tasted ingeniously refine, crusty shell with a gummy texture and ended with a delicious pungent after taste of the black sesame.

Black Stallion Macaron 6

I also took the opportunity to explore the usage of japanese white sesame cream and combine it with chocolate macaron shell, verdict: very inspring, exciting and full body flavoured.

• July 13, 2009 - 1:36 pm | Permalink

now bamboo charcoal powder is a hit ya…..i’ve tried the bread…not bad though~
    .-= SimpleGirl´s last blog ..Restaurant Cordon Blue@Jln K.K =-.

• July 13, 2009 - 1:58 pm | Permalink

Interesting macaron…nice of you for sharing the ingredients for this Black Stallion.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Old Favorite Chinese Snacks @ Leong Chee Kee Biscuit off Cintra Street =-.

• July 13, 2009 - 4:13 pm | Permalink

interesting and awesome!!!
    .-= New Kid On The Blog´s last blog ..Old House Café ??? =-.

• July 13, 2009 - 4:44 pm | Permalink

How creative!!!
    And like you mentioned, it;s really slick and eye-catching. Well-done :)

• Danny
    July 13, 2009 - 5:07 pm | Permalink

Wanna know how these macarons and some of Sunny,s cakes taste like?
    If I blindfold you ,put you in containner and rattle it for 24 hrs (like kipnapping in movies)and then feed you with :

1)Black macaron…. You thought u r in Hong Kong..(the sesame taste)
    2) White choc raspberry cake….You thought u r in France(the Ritz Paris taste)
    3) Durian tarts….Thank god ! u r still in Malaysia ( the kampung taste)

Thats how good these stuff are. Trust me, I tried them all during baking class at BBO resident yesterday.

• July 13, 2009 - 8:45 pm | Permalink

Equivalent to the squid ink ;p
    .-= tigerfish´s last blog ..Broccoli and Lentils Pasta – from "Cream of Broccoli" =-.

• July 13, 2009 - 9:26 pm | Permalink

Your macarons look fantastic! Very beautiful! A great idea…

• July 13, 2009 - 11:22 pm | Permalink

Oh… love macaroon in any colour, but black is striking indeed :)

• July 14, 2009 - 1:48 am | Permalink

Wow! These oriental flavoured macarons look and sound so interesting. I am drooling….! ;)
    .-= food-4tots´s last blog ..Steamed meat patties =-.

• July 14, 2009 - 2:08 am | Permalink

oooooh gooooodnesssss *drools*

this one looks so much better than the ones i had, and even those were goood until it only lasted 2 days!
    .-= Christock´s last blog ..Dong Yi Shun @ The Strand, Kota Damansara =-.

• July 14, 2009 - 7:06 am | Permalink

WOW! So black that it even shine!!
    .-= Little Corner of Mine´s last blog ..Stir Fried Nai Pak (Asian Green) with Fish Balls =-.

• July 14, 2009 - 9:29 am | Permalink

They look great! The shine is incredible. What’s the flavor like of the bamboo charcoal powder?
    .-= lisaiscooking´s last blog ..Tin Roof Sundae =-.

• July 14, 2009 - 11:17 am | Permalink

so slick indeed. the standing macaron looks like tyre going to zoooooooooooooom off
    .-= xin´s last blog ..ENJU (Japanese Restaurant) @ Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur =-.

• Angelynn
    July 14, 2009 - 12:31 pm | Permalink

Can we get the recipe?

• July 14, 2009 - 1:23 pm | Permalink

They’re stunning! I have no idea what bamboo charcoal tastes like, but I’d love to try one of each. :)

• July 14, 2009 - 2:38 pm | Permalink

I’ve tried bamboo charcoal cakes but not macarons. They looks so striking and inviting at the same time !
    .-= allie´s last blog ..Koay Teow Teng @ Evergreen Cafe | Penang Hawker Food =-.

• July 14, 2009 - 2:54 pm | Permalink

Sunny is really creative. Sesame macaroon? Who would hv thought! So as
    asian for somethin so french!
    .-= thenomadGourmand´s last blog ..My TimeOut KL Food Crawl – The Pink Sage & The Marmalade =-.

• July 14, 2009 - 7:57 pm | Permalink

Now finally I see the “bamboo charcoal powder”! Btw, the macarons look soooooo shining black. I don’t think I’ll like it by the look unless I taste it otherwise :).
    .-= cariso´s last blog ..Yee Heong Choy Kon Tong (???) =-.

• July 15, 2009 - 9:24 pm | Permalink

Oooh this macaron is oozing elegance. Great job with it. And congratulations on your feature on the magazine.
    .-= Veron´s last blog ..Pastry Bootcamp with Tartelette =-.

• July 17, 2009 - 7:31 pm | Permalink

A modern macaron? hehe
    .-= Pigpigscorner´s last blog ..Restaurant Review – Rodizio Rico, Carnivore’s Delight =-.

• July 17, 2009 - 8:17 pm | Permalink

Very dramatic and beautiful! Good for cleaning the insides too, hahaha :)

• July 20, 2009 - 8:59 pm | Permalink

Amazing colour – stunning – wow!
    I would never imagine that a black sweet treat could look so….sweet!
    .-= the caked crusader´s last blog ..Donauwellen (Waves of the Danube)….sort of =-.

• debra
    August 2, 2009 - 5:20 pm | Permalink

where can i get/buy macaron??

• August 28, 2009 - 11:36 am | Permalink

Very impressive! I have yet to tackle Macs!
    .-= Barbara´s last blog ..Daring Bakers Dobos Torta =-.

• November 4, 2009 - 2:58 am | Permalink

i love oreo…and the black one looks like oreo…must be very nice !!*-*~
    .-= coco´s last blog ..Full House~* =-.