I love having chickpeas and I cook them with my pressure cooker HERE. This time I added this gorgeous chickpeas into my chicken curry. The dish tasted brilliantly. This curry chicken I used Chef Norman Musa’s meat curry powder but you can opt for other type also can. The cooking did not take long on pressure cooker, it was fast less than 25mins and the dish is ready to eat. I just love those soft tender chickpea as it goes so well with the curry sauce. Here is the recipe I used.
8pcs Chicken Drumstick
10 Shallot (blend)
6 Garlic (blend)
2inc Ginger (Blend)
2 Star Anise
1 Cinnamon Stick
4 stalks Curry Leaf
2 Lemongrass (smash it)
50g Norman Musa Curry Powder
2 teaspoon Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
100ml Tamarind Water
400ml Chicken Stock
150ml Coconut Milk
200gm Cooked Chickpea
1. Mix the curry powder with paste and make it into a thick paste.
2. Switch on the PPC to bake mode. Add in oil into the pot to saute the curry paste, lemongrass, star anise and cinnamon. Once fragrant take it out from the pot and set it aside.
3. Add in oil in the pot to saute the blended shallot, garlic and ginger.
4. Add in the sautéed curry paste, curry leafs, sugar and salt.
5. Add in chicken stock and continue to boil.
6. Add chicken drumstick.
7. Close the PPC cover and seal. Switch to pressure the mode Steam 10KPT.
8. Once complete pressure cook, leave it on warm for 5mins.
9. Open the cover, which to bake mode and add in coconut oil and chickpeas.
10. Cook the curry for about another 5mins.
11. Serve the chic pea chicken curry with curry leafs.