I just love how this chicken is prepared when I read the recipe, the amount of fresh herb used can be so divine in flavour and taste. This chicken is definitely delicious as all the fresh ingredients had been hand pounded and rather blended. The final product was truly over whelming, the chicken was succulent inside and the coated ingredient just seems to have sip in well. I was delicious and I can have half the chicken to myself.
80gm Shallots (sliced)
5 cloves Garlic (chopped)
1 thumb-sized Ginger (chopped)
1 thumb size Lesser Galangal (chopped)
1 thumb-sized piece Galangal (chopped)
1 thumb-sized piece Fresh Tumeric (chopped)
3 stalks of Lemongrass (use the tender white part, sliced finely)
50gm Red Chillies pepper
10gm Red Bird’s Eye Chili pepper
½tsp Freshly Ground Black Peppercorn
¼tsp Nutmeg Powder
¼tsp Cumin Powder
1tbsp Shrimp Paste
1/4tsp Preserved Salted Lemon Skin (optional, chopped)
Salt to taste
4 tbsp Oil for stir frying
1/2 Whole Chicken
Method (Preheat the airfryer 5mins 190C)
1. Marinate the half chicken with salt and set aside in the fridge for few hours.
2. Pound all the ingredients in the mortar except the salted preserved lemon, banana leafs and aluminium foil. (optional, all blend together in a blender). Fried the pounded ingredient with oil till fragrant. Then set aside.
3. Marinate the chicken with the pounded ingredient and set aside for 3-4hours in the fridge.
3. Blench the banana leafs with warm water to soften it and wipe clean.
4. Place the banana leaf on top of the aluminium foil.
5. Place the chicken on top the banana leaf and wrap the chicken with the banana leaf.
6. The wrap over the chicken with the aluminium foil.
7. Place the aluminium foil folded chicken into the airfryer and airfry for 30mins 190C.
8. Take the chicken out and take out the aluminium foil. Place the chicken back to the aifryer and open the banana leaf layer to expose the chicken.
9. Airfry the chicken for another 8-10mins.
10. The Chicken is ready to serve.