Yes I had been cooking a lot lately as lots of inspiration just got into me and I was inspired to cook more too. Having the GST starting tomorrow is one of the reason I am trying to improve my kitchen skill and reduce my eating out. Eating in a balance to increase some savings. So I had a go with this aromatic duck that sure sets a stream of eye gazing from any invited guests.
MASAK-MASAK WITH PHILIPS AIRFRYER on FACEBOOK be a member of this group now!
“my aromatic duck expedition had just completed and I had done it. It was a very inspiring experience. I had the duck cooked in advance in the Philips pressure cooker. I got it sealed and keep it in the freezer for nearly 6 weeks before I had the chance to get it airfried on the Philips airfryer. Oh the shredded aromatic duck meat was stunningly gorgeous laced over hoi sin sauce, cut cucumber, spring onion on a pancake. . . . . a perfect dining that will impress your guests. the present of a good New Zealand white wine will sure make it a stunning day . . . .” quoted from facebook
It is not a difficult recipe to follow and the duck can be prepared earlier before airfried and served. First get the duck and braised it the pressure cooker till tender with dark sauce consist of anise star, cinnamon, dried chilli, sliced ginger, spring onion, soy sauce, dark sauce, oyster sauce, chicken stock and water.
2pcs Quarter Duck )Fits nicely into the Philips Pressure Cooker)
2 Anise Star
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 Tablespoon Oil
2 Dried Chilli (deseeded)
4 slices Ginger
1 small bunch Spring Onion
2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
! Tablespoon Chinese Rice Wine
half chicken stock Cube
1. Set the pressure cooker to bake mode, heat up the oil.
2. Place the anise star, fried chilli and cinnamon stick in and fry till fragrant.
3. Add in ginger, sesame oil and rice wine to boost up the smell.
4. Add in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce and water.
5. Once the liquid heated up, place in the chicken stock cube.
6. Next submerged the duck and spring onion into the liquid.
7. Switch off the bake mode and set to pressure cook.
8. Use the chicken mode and set it to 30KPT.
9. Once complete the pressure cook process, take the duck out to drain the excess liquid.
10. Pack the duck in container and left it aside in the fridge, airfried it when needed or store it in the freezer (can store up to 3 months).
Serving the aromatic duck during my session, I used cucumber sticks, carefully sliced spring onion, bought pancakes (if prefer crepes or ready made popiah skin) and of the shelf Hoi Sin sauce. One the ingredients and well prepared on the table, its time to airfry the aromatic duck till a darker golden brown, my preference till the skin gets crispy.
Take a luxurious piece of pancake, spread it out with hoi sin sauce to your comfort. Place over it with the cucumber match and spring onion and shredded aromatic duck. Give a royal roll and indulge it with pleasure.
I just love the food playing especially with the aromatic duck as it is such a fabulous treat at any place and anytime. Every guests will definitely bedazzle with it.