After having a week of eating out luxuriously, I think it is about to stay at home and to chain up for some home cooked gourmet. I had been juggling with the idea of having a bowl of Kimchi Jjingae as it does builds up ones appetite and the touch of having the present of vinegared soup is good for our digestive system. The soup is so sinful, tasty and delicious. So Sunday weekend I dished up a 20mins curry chicken, dragon chives omelette and kimchi jjigae (kimchi soup) . . . . it was a peaceful dinner and full of charming.
COOKING WITH PHILIPS PRESSURE COOKER on FACEBOOK be a member of this group now!
1 Whole Small Bone Pork (or 300gm Pork Belly)
400gm Kimchi (I love kinchi)
1 Big Onion (sliced)
6 cloves garlic (sliced)
1Tablespoon Doengjang (Korean Bean Paste)
2Tablespoon Gochujang (Korean Chili Paste)
100gm Daikon (sliced)
1. Sealed the Whole Small Bone Pork in the pressure pot with oil at Bake setting. Then add in garlic and onion.
2. Add in the kinchi, daikon and stir fry till fragrant.
3. Add in water, Doengjang and Gochujang.
4. Set the Pressure Cooker to Soup button and KPT for 25mins.
5. Once cooked ready to serve.
This round the Kimchi Jjingae was good but the beancurd, pork belly and butter were not present. I am sure my bowl of Kimchi Soup would had teasted even better. Anyway I had a great time enjoy it! . . . . happy me, Sidney Kan