When I saw this English Gourd paraded at the Grocer truly got me excited wanting it to be the highlight on my soup. So dashing away with the pork ribs, red dates and wolfberries together with the chunks of English gourd, I had them pressure cooked. The cooking process as usual was swift within less than a hour and ends with a jolly good bowl of soup.
COOKING WITH PHILIPS PRESSURE COOKER on FACEBOOK be a member of this group now!
Pressure Cooked English Gourd Soup with Pork Ribs, Red dates & Wolfberries
1 English gourd, cored and cut into cubes
250gm of pork ribs
8 red dates, pitted
8 dried longan
a handful of wolfberries
1 liter water
Salt to taste
Seasonings: Light soy sauce or salt to taste
1. Blanch the pork ribs in boiling water, drain and set aside.
2. Add English gourd, pork ribs and red dates into the inner pot of the Philips Pressure Cooker.
3. Bring 1 liter water to a boil. Pour it over the ingredients.
4. Set it a beef button and set 35 KPT.
5. Add seasonings and serve hot.
The outcome of the soup was brilliant, tasty and came with a hinted sweetness. It was adorable and definitely will keep you warm and nutritious yet another simple to make soup at comfort. . . . . . Sidney KAn