At recent I was invited to a smart kitchen cooking workshop at Philips Centre with Celebrity Chef Marina Mustafa and I was put into a great task, a hands-on cooking over 4 recipes. I thought the day at the workshop would be a nightmare but it was one of the most fun and less stress session as cooking was put to ease as ABC !
April Yim brief us at start on our task and followed by the leader herself Celebrity Chef Marina Mustafa. First we were requested to cook the Beraini Gam Johor Rice, followed by the accompanied dish Kuzi Chicken. As for the dessert we had to act on the Sweet Grean Bean and also the Coconut Fudge Slice. The cooking was fabulous as we were given the smart kitchen apparatus such as the Philips Electric Pressure Cooker, Philips SoyMilk Maker and lastly the Philips Airfryer.
Our first task at the cooking workshop is to cook the Beraini Gam Johor Rice and Kuzi Chicken with the Philips Electric Pressure Cooker. I found it to be amazing. Just pour all the ingredients in, closed the lid, press the buttons and within minutes your meal is ready. Amazing. It is truly a smart and fast cooking. More it is clean cooking with style.
Short-Cut to Recipes:
Beraini Gam Johor Rice Recipe
2 cups Basmathi rice, washed and drained
1 1/2 cups water
1 medium-sized onions, sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
1/2 cup ginger (2inch ginger blended with 1/2 cup of water: Drain. Keep the ginger juice)
2 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup evaporated milk mixed with 2 tsp lime juice, thairu
1 stick cinnamon stick
1 star anise
2 pandan leafs, torn and tied into knots
1 pinch saffron, rubbed with 1/4 tsp sugar and soaked in 2 tbsp. rose water
1 stalk fresh coriander leafs, cut in 2
I handful sultanas
1 handful cashew nuts
1 handful crispy fried shallots
1. Put the Basmathi rice, shallot, ginger, garlic, water, olive oil, thairu and salt into the Philips pressure cooker pot. Stir gently to mix the flavors in.
2. Top with cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves, cardamoms, pandan leafs and saffron mixed with rose water.
3. Close the Philips pressure cooker lid properly.
4. Press Rice and the Start button.
5. In 14 minutes, the Beraini Rice should be ready.
6. Create a hole in the centre of the beraini and put the cooked beraini chicken and eggs in the hole. Let it rest a while.
7. Sprinkle with cashew nuts, sultanas and crispy fried shallots when serving.
I was amazed how easy the cooking was and now I felt making up a recipe would be the main task now. I found the taste and the flavor of the dish remains within the pressure cooker and did not evaporate away. Therefore less water is needed to add into the ingredients but the moisture retained was absolutely delicious.