Just love to use sweet potato leaves for a short and fast stir fry dish. It truly complete a fabulous meal in no time. I saw I had a bottle of chili oil in the fridge that I got from the Starhill Culinary Studio and decided to add it into my stir frying. I like the redness in the oil and it worked brilliant to light up the dish in no time. Definitely a must try dish and it is inexpensive at all.
400gm Sweet Potato Leaves
2cloves Garlic (crushed)
1tablespoon Chili Oil
1 teaspoon Fish Sauce
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1. Pluck the Sweet Potato Leaves and discard the main thick steam.
2. Rinse and dry the Sweet Potato Leaves.
3. Heat up the oil in the wok/frying pan and fried the garlic till fragrant (lightly golden).
4. Place in the Sweet Potato Leaves and stir fried it for 2-3 minutes.
5. At in the salt, fish sauce and chili oil.
6. Keep frying (another 2-3 minutes) till tenderly crisp.
7. Place it onto the plate and serve
Definitely crisp on my mouth that brings out a bring taste and texture Serve brilliantly with a bowl of porridge or white rice . . . . . . . . . Sidney Kan