Restaurant Serdang Baru (1) Lenggong Valley Inspired

owner
Restaurant Owner with The Sultan Fish from Lenggong Valley

My journey for good food and authentic taste had brought me to yet another exciting dimension located at Serdang. My stop for that night was at Restaurant Serdang Baru (1) who believed in dishing out gorgeous dishes with freshness ingredients from Lenggong Valley, Perak especially fresh water fish.

fresh water fishball
Lenggong Valley Fresh Water “Sai Tou” Fishballs

I was truly intrigged with the serving of the handmade fishballs, firm in texture with bounching feel. It was truly heaven and not forgetting addictive. My neighbour sitting quietly by himself had consumed 20pieces within minutes and ended us ordering three servings. It was really good.

larva bee
Deep Fried Larvae Bee with Glazed Sliced Onions

When the next dish came to the table, I was requested to taste it but was not told what it was. A lightly pieces of deep fried battered with light sweet hot glazed sliced onion. It was surprisingly light and crunchy with slightly meaty in taste. It was lovely and addictive. Everyone was smiling at my finding and was later told it was deep fried battered Larvae Bee. Wow! that was truly exciting indeed! My confession: dEFINITELY A MUST TRY DISH!

claypot deer meat
Braised Claypot Deer Meat

Then came this delicious braised claypot deer meat with sliced ginger and spring onions. It had a light gamey taste and the meat texture was truly refined. We had two pots of it! Yes it was addictive and I adored it a lot! Luciously good!

fish belly
Steamed Fresh Water “Sai Tou” Fish Belly with Chilli Bean Paste

The Steamed Fresh Water “Sai Tou” Fish Belly with Chilli Bean Paste was really inspired. soft in texture and smooth with freshness. Just can believe it, it was so good.

owner ladies1
Huge Talapia Fish from Lenggong Valley

owner ladies
Awesome Fresh Water Fish from Lenggong

• November 5, 2011 - 3:53 pm | Permalink

Tilapia freshly from fishing? Then should be nice!
    Nikel´s last blog post ..Nagomi 心情 Shabu Shabu Buffet @ Menara Hap Seng, KL

• November 5, 2011 - 4:11 pm | Permalink

Larvae bee? I don’t know if I would be game to try… I’d be worried about stingers. :-)
    The Yum List´s last blog post ..Afternoon Tea, Lobby Lounge, Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

• November 5, 2011 - 5:39 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous food and wonderful fishes!

• November 5, 2011 - 10:54 pm | Permalink

bee larvae? that would be an interesting dish to try. it does look awesome too.

i am quite attracted to the fish ball looks like a classic pure fish meat wholesome old fashion fishball. yummeh! that’s how fish balls should be:)

• November 6, 2011 - 2:27 pm | Permalink

holy cow.. tat is one big tilapia… I dont know abt the larvae though… ! >_<

• November 9, 2011 - 10:26 am | Permalink

no thanks for the larvae >///<
    Choi Yen´s last blog post ..The Hungry Hog

• November 10, 2011 - 8:59 am | Permalink

“Sai Tou” Fishballs, my favour dish always.
    justfoody´s last blog post ..NAGOMI Japanese Restaurant@Menara Hap Seng, Kuala Lumpur

• November 11, 2011 - 10:47 am | Permalink

Wow! The bee larvae look good…you are brave :)
    Angela FRS´s last blog post ..Beef and Pumpkin Chili