Pao Xiang with Datuk Danny Ooi

shop front

My love, my passion and my life with Bak Kut Teh just went back very long way. We were like blood brothers. Everytime I see Bak Kut Teh, I just want to have it. Yes it grown to be my favourite food, some even have it everyday. As for myself, I just love dropping by Pao Xiang Bak Kut Teh, this time I found myself lunching the outlet at SS15, Subang Jaya with Datuk Danny Ooi.

datok danny
Datuk Danny Ooi

Before indulging the lunch Datuk Danny Ooi was with us explaining on how Pao Xiang Bak Kut Teh is prpeared. Datuk explained to us the tied cooking method of Pao Xiang Bak Kut Teh. The meat is tied firmly with cotton string to extract the excessive fat and oil from the meat while also to make sure the meat is well kept intact over the long process of stewing.

people1

Datuk also noted us that four to five high quality of Chinese herbs are used to retain the authenticity taste and flovour of the soup and the meat. Pao Xiang Bak Kut Teh is also known for it’s unique thick flavoursome soup based and their technique of maintaining the warmness of the dishes using lighted candle.

tua kuat
Tua Kuat

As the explaination went on, Bak Kut Teh is traditionally believed to replenish and improve blood circulation, restore vital energy and warm the sotmach as well as rejuvenating one’s looks. Ingredients such as Angelica, Szechuan Lovage, Pepper, Star Anise, Cumin, Citrus, Pelargonium. Cardamon, Fructus Tsaoko, Longan, Fragrant Solomonseal Rhizonev, White Pepper, Cloves, Locorice, Momordice Grosvenori, Garlic, Ginger and Mushroom.

sai kuat
Sai Kuat

The Bak Kut Teh came in many variation of meat such as stewed pork knuckle, ribs, pork belly, pork tendon and innards. My favourite was the Sai Kut, small bone. It was truly a lunch experience and lunch-ing with awesome people.

Pai Kut

Carine Cheong, Amy Yong, Momo Natalie & Datul Danny Ooi

kwai lin ko
Kwai Ling Ko

people

momo natalie1
Momo Natalie

Thank you Momo Natalie for sharing this experience with us and introducing to us Datuk Danny Ooi’s fabulous Pao Xiang Bak Kut Teh experience. . . . . . .. . . I just love them! my little Bak Kut Teh exploration!

momo natalie2

momo natalie

Restaurant Pao Xiang
No 56, Jalan 15//4
47500 Subang Jaya
Tel No : 03-5621 1779

• October 27, 2011 - 8:54 pm | Permalink

Nice pig out!! ;0)

Yum yum…
    Chasing Food Dreams´s last blog post ..The Patio Bar & Lounge, First World Plaza@ Genting Highland: Loving Oktoberfest 2011!

• October 27, 2011 - 9:00 pm | Permalink

wow.. dine with boss..
    Nikel´s last blog post ..Orkid Ria Seafood Restaurant @ Jalan Pantai Cenang, Langkawi, Kedah

• October 28, 2011 - 8:43 am | Permalink
  • October 28, 2011 - 8:45 am | Permalink

l like Pao Xiang BKT, they have abalone BKT too.
    justfoody´s last blog post ..2011 GAB Oktoberfest Party @ Patio Bar & Lounge, Genting Highlands (Part 2/2)

• October 31, 2011 - 11:22 am | Permalink

I’m craving for BKT very often too recently :P
    Choi Yen´s last blog post ..Micofz Cafe

• October 31, 2011 - 9:45 pm | Permalink

Pao Xiang is my regular place. Love the fact that the meat is always tender.

However I do wish they could be more generous with the soup. When we bkt with kids, there’s always never enough soup for adults since kids want their rice all soaked with the yummy soup…leaving pretty much nothing for the adults.
    missyblurkit´s last blog post ..My Heart Sweated Bullets

• hunterX0506
    November 2, 2011 - 11:27 pm | Permalink

Great blog post! Nice and cool image. Thanks for sharing it. Keep it up. | :P
    hunterX0506´s last blog post ..play cool truck games

• November 4, 2011 - 11:02 pm | Permalink

When I have BKT, I don’t go for the meat. I’ll only have the soup and ask for refills endlessly…. me soup monster :D

• November 8, 2011 - 11:28 am | Permalink

I always find the medicinal qualities of herbs used in Asian cooking so fascinating, like in this Bak Kut Teh, which is supposed to help replenish and improve blood circulation, restore vital energy. Thanks for sharing!
    Jeanette´s last blog post ..Gluten-Free Apple Oatmeal Crisp Recipe