Best New Eatery SERAI EMPIRE at Empire Shopping Gallery Subang Jaya

Serai Empire
Serai Empire

SERAI is a name that always buzz in my head. I just love it’s lemony fragrant and taste that can burst inside your mouth which may work wonders. It is definitely an amazing herb that is being infused into our drinks, soups and curries. Yet here at Empire Shopping Gallery I stumbled upon an eatery by the name of Serai Empire. I definitely recognised this restaurant as it is run by Chef Najib who I interviewed few months back for the newspaper. Now he is heading this kitchen. His creations are so well recieved and I was told the restaurant is packed during weekends.

serai iced tea
Serai Iced Tea

Chef Najib yet another talented chef who had been abroad for more than 10years in perfecting his culinary. That was in Australia. Back here with his luggage of talent and together with the Taff family, Serai Empire was opened at Empire Shopping Gallery at Subang Jaya . With a simple and very laid back interior together with it’s delicious style of dishes, Serai Empire will definitely can easily charm it’s customer. I was there and I loved it. It was totally pampering.

mint calamansi soda
Mint Calamansi Soda

We had Serai Iced Tea, which was unique combination of iced tea flavoured with lemongrass and topped with a generous scoop of lemon sorbet. I was truly chilled and refreshing. Beautiful I would say. The Mint Calamansi Soda was truly pleasureable but my eating buddy found it was overpowering with sourness but I felt it was balanced with sweetness, yet with a touch of Calamansi and Mint. It was nice. The Frosty Tamarind was interesting and rather unusual for me. It was my frst time having them frosty. I think it was a great ideal.

frosty tamarind
Frosty Tamarind

milky bandung
Milky Bandung

The Milky Bandung was on the sweeter side for my liking and it is rather a common. It was creamy sweet!

• November 3, 2010 - 9:42 pm | Permalink

Ah.. I gave this place a miss the other day when I was at ESG and went for Four Seasons roast duck instead. Guess I’ll have to give it a try next time I’m there :)
    Baby Sumo´s last blog post ..I cooked- Homemade pumpkin and sweetcorn soup

• November 3, 2010 - 9:51 pm | Permalink

You sure know how to eat.. There are a lot of foods that make me so tempted to eat.. How good if I could have a plate of “Serai Platter” too.. haha.. Nice post there^^
    wyyv´s last blog post ..York- the Romans Eboracum PART 1

• November 3, 2010 - 10:13 pm | Permalink

ya, that Pavlova look so good, must try this place one day.
    Sonia´s last blog post ..Chicken and potato stew

• November 3, 2010 - 11:40 pm | Permalink

I got my eyes on the serai platter, looks delicious! I do miss Malay food.
    Ching @ LCOM´s last blog post ..Stir Fried Ramen

• November 4, 2010 - 8:37 pm | Permalink

i want serai for tomyam!!!
    fufu´s last blog post ..São Francisco Neighbourhood

• November 5, 2010 - 12:02 am | Permalink

wow wow wow, i like this restaurant.. so many choices!!
    [SK]´s last blog post ..03112010 金睛火眼

• November 5, 2010 - 12:03 am | Permalink

they have local, thai and western food to choose from.. and do they use a lot of lemongrass in every dish since the name is Serai :p
    [SK]´s last blog post ..03112010 金睛火眼

• November 5, 2010 - 12:04 am | Permalink

actually the drinks caught my attention the most.. the ice tea, hmmm, is that a scoop of icecream floating on top?? and the frosty tamarind and minted calamansi soda, sound so refreshing leh..
    [SK]´s last blog post ..03112010 金睛火眼

• November 5, 2010 - 12:05 am | Permalink

wow, you so good in baking also say their pavlova is nice, then sure it is very heavenly already~~ i also like the chocolate lava cake~~~
    [SK]´s last blog post ..03112010 金睛火眼

• November 5, 2010 - 3:27 pm | Permalink

Hmmm… the drinks looks very interesting. I’d love to get my hands on those.
    cleffairy´s last blog post ..Buying belacan in Tg Kling- Melaka

• February 22, 2011 - 1:03 am | Permalink

Great collection of drinks!