A Cantonese Affair at Tai Zi Heen Prince Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Peking Duck
Preparing A Peking Duck

Early this month of November I was back at Tai Zi Heen to have myself indulging their remarkable Peking Duck. Not only it was deliciously well prepared Peking Duck, I had it only for RM1. It was such a great offer. All I did was to reserved a table with a minimum spending of RM300. I was lucky too as it was only for the first 8 dinner reservation nightly.

It was beautifully roasted and looked so crispy. The carving was truly attentive during the serving of the Peking Duck. Every skin was very perfectly calculated and sliced. The crisp skin of the Peking Duck was placed on the light thin pancake before rolling into a gigar like shape, together with match cucumber slice, spring onion and homemade hoi sin sauce. A bit into it was truly gorgeous, it was fragrant and tasty. I just loved it.

wrapping the pecking duck skin
Wrapping Matchstick Cucumber with Peking Duck Skin

Treasure lettuce with stir fried duck cubes with pin nuts
Crystal Lettuce with Stir Fried Duck Cubes and Pine Nuts

The chef decided to turn the duck into an awesome light dish, Crystal Lecttuce with Stir Fried Duck Cubes and Pine Nuts. It was truly interesting way to have the duck meat. The meat was carefully cut into cubes and lightly stir fried with chopped carrot and topped with toasted pine nut. It was a great canape to start off with, simple and very fragrant.

Roast Duck Meat Fried Noodle
Pan Fried Noodle with Infused Rosat Duck Meat

We requested for an extra dish with peking duck meat and chef created a fragrant stir fried noodle. It was very well balanced in flavour awhile the egg noodle used had an awesome texture. Drizzled over with toasted white sesame had enhance the taste and smell of this dish. It was tasty as usual!

• November 7, 2010 - 9:29 pm | Permalink

Yummy food! I love that speciality.

• November 7, 2010 - 10:39 pm | Permalink

oh, look at that poor little duck duck, kena slaughtered in front of everyone~~~ :(
    [SK]´s last blog post ..03112010 金睛火眼

• November 7, 2010 - 10:40 pm | Permalink

but then the wrap, the cubes and the noodles look nice lor, hahaha!!! so “double standard”~~ :D
    [SK]´s last blog post ..03112010 金睛火眼

• November 7, 2010 - 10:41 pm | Permalink

the dimsum also very special and creative, so different from the common “har gao siew mai” we have normally..
    [SK]´s last blog post ..03112010 金睛火眼

• November 8, 2010 - 9:34 am | Permalink

Wow…the Peking duck! Yummy le…
    uLi´s last blog post ..When We Were Young

• November 8, 2010 - 12:23 pm | Permalink

Pekind duck wrap! nice!! but the one Crystal Lettuce with Stir Fried Duck Cubes and Pine Nuts make me drool more! T.T
    Caroline´s last blog post ..Am having FUN at Kay El!

• November 8, 2010 - 12:58 pm | Permalink

wow…the peking duck looks like to die for
    smallkucing´s last blog post ..My First Kinder Joy

• November 8, 2010 - 3:45 pm | Permalink

Ah … my fav sorbet on display …. sour~! tangy and satisfying …. burp~
    email2me´s last blog post ..Reading Electronic Newspaper on iTalk Whoa! RSS Screen

• November 8, 2010 - 5:43 pm | Permalink

Arha.. This “Roasted Lamb Chop with a Spicy Mongolian-style Tomato sauce” was the best in the dinner that night huh.. I’m so agree with u, when I just looked at the picture I know it must be very tasty edi.. I likes to eat lamb meat although I dun really got the chance to eat that much.. haha..

This is such a nice post, keep it up ;)
    wyyv´s last blog post ..York- York Minster and St Williams College PART 2

• November 8, 2010 - 5:56 pm | Permalink

Amazing peking duck!! And so cheap only RM1!
    iamthewitch´s last blog post ..Food Hunt at Asia Cafe- Tune Hotel

• November 8, 2010 - 7:14 pm | Permalink

Peking Duck’s one of my favourite dishes. Utterly yummy….if done right.
    Mei Teng´s last blog post ..Natures Shoe

• November 10, 2010 - 11:19 am | Permalink

I love peking duck skin :P
    mimid3vils´s last blog post ..Mama Kitchen Restaurant Famous Claypot Lou See Fun

• November 16, 2010 - 1:10 am | Permalink

What a great deal! Seemed to have been a good peking duck :)
    hotels ile de re´s last blog post ..Le Martray Hotel ile de Ré