SAGANO Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel MIGF 2010

esther
Selected Wine: Morton Estate Marborough Savignono Blanc & Hunter’s Marborough Pinot Noir

Dining with friends can be truly awesome over a refine dinner and with fabulous wine. Upon knowing that I always gets to enjoy and pampered whenever I am dining, Sagano is one of the restaurant that will always get me excited whenever I know I am going to dine there. Well it is simple, it is all about the creations of Chef Yasutoshi Ito. He is truly creative in combining flavours, texture and ingredients while his play can always be truly unique and refine. He definitely loves his food and his creation truly satisfying indeed and this happen on my recent dining at Sagano.

slow-Boiled Saury Fish Rolled Chicken Salmon canape
Slow-Boiled Saury Fish in Sweetened Soy Sauce, Steamed Rolled Chicken, Salmon Canape with Fresh Wasabi

This three combination is truly interesting, from a lighter taste to a heavier one. I began my journey by attending to the steamed rolled chicken which was light in taste, tenderly moist and smooth. As the salmon canape had a twist of fresh wasabi and I just adored it. while the stronger flavour was the slow boiled saurry fish which was truly delightful. Great texture and don’t taste fishy at all while the combination of the sweetened soy sauce enchance the taste of this creation. Just perfectly done.

steamed Mushroom Egg Custard
Steamed Mushroom Egg Custard in a Tea Cup with Sea Urchin

At this point, I had a tea scoop of the freshly steamed egg custard and I was totally knocked out with pleasure. It was soft and silky with a touch of warmness, it was good. Yet the BIG surprise was the steamed cooked sea urchin. It was very flavourful and burst with awesome aroma which truly jived with my liking. Having it to infused into the mushroom egg custard, the whole holistic experience was truly unspeakable. It was so beautiful! I felt so gentle myself.

• October 28, 2010 - 4:41 pm | Permalink

aiyoyo, the food really looks so nice and yummy!!!
    [SK]´s last blog post ..27.10.2010

• October 28, 2010 - 4:41 pm | Permalink

especially that tempura prawn with shredded potato, wow!! quite a smart way of making it more delicious don’t you think so??
    [SK]´s last blog post ..27.10.2010

• October 28, 2010 - 4:42 pm | Permalink

also that chawanmushi with sea urchin, must be super super nice!!! i also want to have a bowl of that lah..
    [SK]´s last blog post ..27.10.2010

• October 28, 2010 - 6:30 pm | Permalink

Boss! Ice satu! hahaha

lovely lah…drooling again
    smallkucing´s last blog post ..Almost Heaven By Chris Fabry

• October 29, 2010 - 11:58 am | Permalink

The egg custard with uni got my attention fast. I bet that was pure bliss.
    Carolyn Jung´s last blog post ..Carlo Middione- The Brave Struggle of a Chef Who Lost His Senses of Taste and Smell

• October 29, 2010 - 1:12 pm | Permalink

The beef very raw!!
    mimid3vils´s last blog post ..The One Cafe eat enjoy entertain

• October 30, 2010 - 9:02 am | Permalink

you sure had a wonderful dinner there.. I can see the sushis are very fresh and all the dishes are well garnished too :) that raw wagyu seems to be very deli as well but too bad I cant eat beef =/
    wyyv´s last blog post ..Sweet Bean @ Bandar Baru Seri Petaling

• October 31, 2010 - 7:45 am | Permalink

wow pretty girl!!! :) i want chawan mushi!!!
    fufu´s last blog post ..Umbanda – Part A