Ramadan Bazaar Shah Alam Stadium

man BBQ chicken
BBQ-ing

Having to work not far away from the Shah Alam Stadium I decided to pay a visit after work at the Ramadan Food Bazaar. It was a busy occasion, having three 200metres streets parked with stalls at both sides can make you feel truly hungry. What caught my attention was the BBQ stalls. Awesome heat and awesome happening, people lining up for it.

BBQ chicken
BBQ Whole Chicken

I was for a surprise on how creative cooking can be. Having them on normal BBQ and yet I saw the huge giant auto chicken BBQ machine churning almost a total of twenty whole roasting chickens. Truly exciting! BBQ-cuing definitely my joy on that afternoon. What can I do, buying one is a must!

man BBQ chicken 1
Intense Heat

BBQ chicken wings
BBQ Chicken Wings

Those BBQ wings was so well presented and so attractively made. A glance can make you beg for one and another one. Ayam Perchik was also on the scene too that evening. They were so well prepared over the intense charcoal heat.

BBQ Perchik chicken
BBQ Perchik Chicken

man BBQ chicken 2

Rolling BBQ chicken
Auto Chicken Roasting

This machine churning the whole roasted chicken was amazing. Another store that caught on my radar what the flaming kebab. you can’t help noticing the amount of skewers of huge chunck of chicken and beef being cooked at the same time. It was so colourful and amazingly beautiful, watching can be so evil! :)

chicken kebab
Chicken Skewer Kebab

chicken kebab 1
Huge Grilling of Kebabs

Kebab
Standing Kebab

ikan bakar
Ikan Bakar

A varitey of fish was paraded on the the flat frying pan, it was amazing watching all the smoke flaming through, it was pungent with awesome smell.

• September 6, 2010 - 12:11 am | Permalink

That’s a lot of food.. I don’t know what to choose if I were there, everything looks extremely tasty!
    .-= wyyv´s last blog ..Divino @ Jaya One- Petaling Jaya =-.

• September 6, 2010 - 12:15 am | Permalink

A dream place for any foodie! I’d love to walk through that market.

• September 6, 2010 - 12:21 am | Permalink

aiks …u come to my area ah…apa pasal tarak ajak me? yum yum
    .-= smallkucing´s last blog ..Six Suspects by Vikas Swarup =-.

• September 6, 2010 - 12:59 am | Permalink

Oh. My. God.
    You are truly torturing me with the photos of food I cannot get here! I would do anything to be able to eat some lemang with some ayam goreng kampung. And murtabak – I think the last time I ate it was when I was in secondary school!

How I wish I could be at home this week!
    .-= Su-yin´s last blog ..The food of Florence part 3 =-.

• September 6, 2010 - 7:10 am | Permalink

Now, that is a grill feast if there ever was one. All that smoky goodness in one place — how convenient is that!
    .-= Carolyn Jung´s last blog ..Hello- Limoncello =-.

• September 6, 2010 - 4:01 pm | Permalink

Wow, smoking hot BBQ! Looks really tempting!
    .-= Jasmine´s last blog ..iPage Review =-.

• September 6, 2010 - 11:11 pm | Permalink

Oh dear, it’s 1:11 in the morning and I’ve got the most stubborn craving for grilled meat! 😛
    .-= Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella´s last blog ..An Afternoon with a Vintage Penfolds Grange =-.

• September 7, 2010 - 12:04 am | Permalink

wow… many choice of food to hunt ehh.. but i go till scared liau…

• September 7, 2010 - 2:53 am | Permalink

Lots of BBQ! Must smell really nice walking down there.
    .-= LCOM´s last blog ..Oven Steamed Tom Yam Salmon =-.

• September 7, 2010 - 5:04 am | Permalink

This situation that I really miss from Indonesia. Ramadan food sellers :)
    .-= Pepy @Indonesia Eats´s last blog ..Bò N??ng Lá L?t – Vietnamese Grilled Beef in Wild Betel Leaf =-.

• September 7, 2010 - 10:52 am | Permalink

wow, that’s really a lot of food of different varities!! i guess i’d have lost control if i were there, haha!!
    .-= [SK]´s last blog ..03092010 ???? =-.

• September 7, 2010 - 10:53 am | Permalink

i like all those panggang bakar and roasting, looks so nice to me especially the kebabs and skewers.. yummy yummy~~
    .-= [SK]´s last blog ..03092010 ???? =-.

• September 7, 2010 - 10:54 am | Permalink

but this year round, i realised i’ve only been to the ramadhan bazaar outside my office, and only for once!! hmmm, how can that be??
    .-= [SK]´s last blog ..03092010 ???? =-.

• September 7, 2010 - 10:54 am | Permalink

i remember i used to like to buy those nyonya kuih, murtabak, bihun goreng etc for tea.. hahaha!! but i think looking at my tummy now, better not lah~~ 😀
    .-= [SK]´s last blog ..03092010 ???? =-.

• September 7, 2010 - 11:02 am | Permalink

too bad i dont have the chance to visit bazaar ramadhan at all this year already :(