Ramadan Berbuka Puasa at Tonka Bean Cafe Impianna Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre Hotel

Lamb Briyani
Lamb Briyani

Having to usher into the dining room was truly an exciting experience as it was a showcasing of Ramadan feast by the chefs of Impianna Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre Hotel. We were seated and those spread of dishes prepared truly caught my eyes and the smell churned in the room was very appealing indeed.

Grill seafood
Grill seafood

The huge platter of grilled seafood accompanied with a variety of sambels had caught my attention. The fish, prawns and squids were well marinated with fresh pounded curry spices and were grilled to perfection. The seafood was fresh. The flavours were truly encapsulated in the seafood and the spices were burst terrifically in my mouth.

Kerabu Mangga
Kerabu Mangga

variety of sambels
A Variety of Sambels

Tauhu Bakar
Tauhu Bakar

Sitting next was another beautifully presented platter of Lamb Briyani. The soft and tender lamb was perfectly sliced topping over a bed of bright yellow tasty briyani rice. The main dishes served were luscious. For example the Daging Kurma Johor was perfectly cooked with beef and kurrma spice till tender. It was good.

• August 14, 2010 - 2:47 pm | Permalink

So scrumptious looking!

• August 14, 2010 - 8:29 pm | Permalink

grilled seafood…. oh…send to BRAZIL please!!! and tauhu bakar~~~~ :p
    .-= fufu´s last blog ..Frankfurt Gay Pride Parade I =-.

• August 14, 2010 - 10:04 pm | Permalink

wah! buka puasa buffets always make me drool!
    .-= petite nyonya´s last blog ..Best Banana Muffin With Apricots And Choc Chips =-.

• August 14, 2010 - 11:56 pm | Permalink

hey bro, looks like you are having buka puasa buffet everyday woh!! fuyoh, really can eat~~
    .-= [SK]´s last blog ..13082010 ???? =-.

• August 14, 2010 - 11:57 pm | Permalink

won’t try my luck at these places because i know it would be very crowded with people.. so no choice, gotta go somewhere “non-halal” for dinner, haha~~
    .-= [SK]´s last blog ..13082010 ???? =-.

• August 14, 2010 - 11:58 pm | Permalink

btw, still feeling very full after dinner at a vietnamese restaurant.. so only find the fresh fruits and the nyonya kuih attractive to me..
    .-= [SK]´s last blog ..13082010 ???? =-.

• August 15, 2010 - 12:27 am | Permalink

Niceeee~
    .-= uLi´s last blog ..Durian Cravings @Raub =-.

• August 15, 2010 - 1:43 am | Permalink

All the food look very tasty to me, Im sure they taste good too.. really wish to eat them now as supper.. lol..

• August 15, 2010 - 8:06 am | Permalink

The buffet spread looks so mouthwatering especially the variety of sambals. 😉

• August 17, 2010 - 8:17 am | Permalink

My kingdom for those lamb and crab dishes! I wish they were in front of me now. If only!
    .-= Carolyn Jung´s last blog ..Scenes From SF Chefs 2010 =-.