Norman Musa meets Datuk Nicol Ann David

Norman Musa & Nicole

Hello All. Apa Khabar?

It has been a while since I wrote on this blog and I don’t know how many times I have apologised to Sidney for my lack of discipline in posting him the story. Anyway, I am back now for good so Sidney’s inbox will be bombarded with my stories (whether he likes it or not HA HA) as I have so many things to tell.

I was in Valencia the last time I wrote. Since then, many things happened and I haven’t been resting properly for a while. Only until now after I quit Formula One and yes that is true and many people would think I have given up the opportunity that some could think it is worth more than anything in the world. After all, I have been doing it for five months and I can say there is no beauty of it apart from you get to see the drivers hanging around but I am not a big fan of Formula One so I don’t get the joy of it. It sounds so glamorous and you get to travel around the world but the thing is you only get to see the airports more than the cities are unless the hotel is right in the city centre. We were fortunate enough for the places like Montreal, Monaco, Melbourne and Budapest but the others were like in the middle of nowhere. After all I have gained such a wonderful experience and during these five months I have learnt a lot and appreciate for what I have achieved to date.

Scenery Musa 1

In Valencia I met Datuk Nicol Ann David (who is ranked world number 1 in women’s squash) and she really enjoyed my ‘Udang Masak Lemak’ (Prawns in Turmeric and Coconut Gravy). I did make it spicy to test her out (naughty me, ha ha) but the plate came black clean. So she must liked it then. In fact when I took photo with her she did mention how delicious the curry was.

So after Valencia, I rested for a week before heading off to Silverstone which was the busiest race ever for the hospitality. After the race, I was flat out for two days and could hardly move. I was totally drained out. I supposed to have a week rest but I was busy with other activities like cooking demo in Formby near Liverpool and also in the same week I launched my first Malaysian Masterclass at Ning restaurant. I have limited only five students per class instead of ten as per normal class. This Masterclass involves preparation in depth for the kari ikan (fish curry), chicken satay with peanut sauce and pulut inti where I teach students to do curry paste from scratch. The places were sold out months ago and there is another one due in August. The class went well and the students really enjoyed it. What a relief.

• August 3, 2010 - 10:31 am | Permalink

The udang masak lemak is making me mouth-watering, even by just reading the story.
    .-= Little Inbox´s last blog ..Sweet- Sour and Spicy Shrimps =-.

• August 3, 2010 - 10:38 am | Permalink

huh…making curry paste from scratch..that is a lot of work. That’s why I seldom make curry
    .-= kathy´s last blog ..Celebrate at Restaurant SF Seafood- Kg Baru Sg BulohUpdated August 2010 =-.

• August 3, 2010 - 3:15 pm | Permalink

wow…cool…got video to watch
    .-= vialentino´s last blog ..Famous Steamed Telapia Fish @ Pudu Plaza =-.

• August 3, 2010 - 8:18 pm | Permalink

Mmmm…udang masak lemak, now I want to eat it too!

No, the F1 is not great fun in reality, my Hub works for Ferrari and I’ve sent my family in Singapore to the races, but I’ve yet to go for one myself. We’re just not very interested in them.

Like you said, they tend to be in ulu places and there is alot of noise more than anything else. You can see more of the cars – on TV.
    .-= Beaulotus´s last blog ..Choux à la Crème Chantilly =-.

• August 3, 2010 - 10:23 pm | Permalink

Cool man~
    .-= uLi´s last blog ..Gathering @Saisaki Japanese Buffet =-.

• August 3, 2010 - 10:38 pm | Permalink

Your class sounds great and nice small numbers too to make it manageable! :)
    .-= Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella´s last blog ..Veal- Mustard &amp Pickle Toasties For Rainy Winter Nights In =-.

• August 5, 2010 - 3:28 am | Permalink

Your job is so cool!
    On another note, the udang masak lemak sounds fab. I think it’s great that you keep your classes small, I always prefer it that way.
    .-= Su-yin´s last blog ..Matcha sablé cookies =-.

• August 5, 2010 - 1:30 pm | Permalink

Oh my, what a good read. And nice pictures too. Great job what you’re doing – everything included.
    .-= Happysurfer´s last blog ..Musicianspagecom =-.

• August 5, 2010 - 4:52 pm | Permalink

nice food, yum ! but no picture of the outcome?

• August 5, 2010 - 5:52 pm | Permalink

Chef Norman Musa is so cool …. cayalah!
    .-= email2me´s last blog ..OM Burger Ampang- KL Best and Most Sloppy Street Ramly Burger =-.

• Mr. Crocker
    October 17, 2010 - 8:26 pm | Permalink

hey man.. may i ask you, where did you get that Lotus Racing shirt? please let me know. really want that shirt. it’s cool… thanks yo…