Norman Musa at Work

Ema Kwan's Catering 060

Salam Ramadhan and Hello All

It has been a while again since I last wrote but this time Sidney knows how busy I am since I resigned from Lotus Formula One so I am totally excused. Thanks Sidney.

In the last three weeks, things going hectic not just in the restaurant but outside too. As always, Ning Restaurant is very busy especially towards the weekend. So that keeps the momentum going. There are few good news that I want to share this time. One of the biggest is for me to be chosen as one of the best local chefs for The Northern Restaurant & Bar campaign to mark their 10th anniversary. Only five chefs were chosen for this campaign and I am one of them. At first when I was told to go for a photoshoot, I thought it’s just for normal magazine photoshoot as not many details were told at the time my manager (also business partner), Andy spoke to them. Only when I asked them at the location, then suddenly the overwhelming rush went straight to my body and face after they told my why I was chosen etc. Well enough about that, I don’t want to get it into my head. I am still a humble kampung boy who loves cooking and will work hard to get Malaysian cuisine known in the UK.

Ema Kwan's Catering 033

My busy week began with the outside catering for Ema Kwai’s Paintings Exhibition. Only canapés served at this event. This is what I like to do as it shows my creativity. It was catered for 60 guests and the canapés are mixture of Malaysian food and fusion.

Ema Kwan's Catering 031

The guests really enjoyed the canapés and not many of them were aware of Malaysian food and event like this is a good exposure for them to know more about our wonderful cuisine.

Ema Kwan's Catering 052

Ema Kwan's Catering 054

• August 28, 2010 - 5:02 am | Permalink

i want satay!
    .-= fufu´s last blog ..FuFu Merdeka Project – 3 =-.

• August 28, 2010 - 5:25 pm | Permalink

wow! nice pictures with delicacies =]
    .-= wyyv´s last blog ..Paddington House of Pancakes @ Mid Valley =-.

• August 28, 2010 - 6:08 pm | Permalink

Oh my, is that murtabak I see? I haven’t had it in so long I’ve almost forgotten what it tastes like!

On another note, everything looks amazing.

p.s. I love Ottolenghi – Sunny, I’m sure you’ll really like to try their cakes/pastries.
    .-= Su-yin´s last blog ..Caramel chicken =-.

• August 29, 2010 - 12:24 am | Permalink

regret…shouldnt have visited here with empty stomach
    .-= kathy´s last blog ..Bedtime Stories And Prayers By Enid Blyton-A Litle Boat In A Storm =-.

• August 29, 2010 - 1:51 am | Permalink

i love the strips of vege packed into a glass, and the angle they are shot are just perfect, very colorful and vibrant..
    .-= [SK]´s last blog ..28082010 ???? =-.

• August 29, 2010 - 1:52 am | Permalink

and also the fruit tray, how nicely the array of fruits are arranged, again the colorful view really is appetising for a hungry guy like me, hahaha~~
    .-= [SK]´s last blog ..28082010 ???? =-.

• August 29, 2010 - 1:53 am | Permalink

and lastly i also like how the salmon are presented, love them on the porcelain spoon.. nice!!
    .-= [SK]´s last blog ..28082010 ???? =-.

• August 29, 2010 - 4:39 pm | Permalink

Ya, the colors of the strips of vege looks so vibrant :)
    .-= uLi´s last blog ..My Farewell Bash by OD Gang &amp The Lovely Gift – =-.

• August 29, 2010 - 10:05 pm | Permalink

can’t wait for Sidney’s review about the book.
    .-= xin´s last blog ..DIY Recipe- Hong Bak Stewed Pork Belly =-.

• August 30, 2010 - 7:55 am | Permalink

What kind of dipping sauce is that in the first photo? It looks incredible. 😉
    .-= Carolyn Jung´s last blog ..A Calming- Meditative Dish from Chef David Chang =-.

• August 30, 2010 - 1:39 pm | Permalink

Food looks superb… Drool! Drool! You’re a professional chef…or is it your friend, Norman Musa. A bit confused here…but I saw the cake you made in somebody’s blog for Ken’s birthday – definitely not an amateur, able to make a cake like that. Hmmmmmm…my birthday is in December! Muahahahahaha!!!!
    .-= suituapui´s last blog ..Black or white… =-.