Eric Chong The Birmingham Cake Connection

Sliced Blackforrest cake by Eric Chong
A slice of Blackforrest Cake by Eric Chong

I have been busy. Many students dropping by the studio to learn baking. Some even flew in from abroad and that got me truly excited. My time was booked and hooked and I can’t chicken out. I was worried as I was not sure the exceptation from my students but I always make sure my students get the best out of me.

A British born lad Eric Chong was one of my student who flew in from Birmingham for a four days full day intensive one to one baking class session with me and Ben. All the techniques and recipes were well architected for Eric. A well dedicated Eric was a fast learner and had won great admiration from Chef Ben and myself for having such precision and perfection at even a beginner level.

Eric Chong now is back in Birmingham polishing his art of baking and we hope he will be able to embark into churning his own home cake bakes soon. He got excited too and he had recently emailed me of all his successful bakes. Aren’t all of the creation look just fantastic?

Blackforrest cake by Eric Chong

Fruit Shortcake by Eric Chong
Fruit Shortcake by Eric Chong

Sliced Fruit Shortcake by Eric Chong
A sliced of Fruit Shortcake by Eric Chong

mousse by Eric Chong
Mousses by Eric Chong

tuna sweetcorn cheese bun, mini sausage & cheese bun, salami tuna cheese bun  by Eric Chong
Tuna sweetcorn cheese bun, Mini sausage and cheese bun, Salami tuna cheese bun by Eric Chong

macarons by Eric Chong
A recent Macarons by Eric Chong

Eric Chong baking at home
Eric Chong baking from home

Eric Chong is progressing very fast and his bakes are truly exciting yet very creatively refreshing. Definitely a Birmingham cake connection, a successful bake . . . . . . . . . . truly inspired, Sunny Yaw

• August 12, 2010 - 2:27 am | Permalink

What gorgeous cakes! I am drooling over my keyboard…

• August 12, 2010 - 2:45 am | Permalink

aww…. drooling now >< lol
    .-= fufu´s last blog ..Curitiba – Brazil =-.

• August 12, 2010 - 3:07 am | Permalink

What are the chances Eric will FedEx some cake to me in London? :P
    These look great, you obviously taught him well.
    .-= Su-yin´s last blog ..Matcha sablé cookies =-.

• Eric Chong
    August 12, 2010 - 4:52 am | Permalink

Wow, thanks a lot for the compliments!! Didn’t expect this at all!

I must thank Sunny, my SiFu who has taught me loads of baking techniques and has inspired me in decorating cakes. Also many thanks to Sidney who has spent his precious time in sharing his knowledge and ideas. Not to forget Ben Beh, another SiFu who has shared his valuable bread making skills!

I have had a fantastic class with 2 fantastic SiFu and have now mastered the basic skills in baking. Definitely would recommend everyone to attend the classes!

Cheers
    Eric

• August 12, 2010 - 8:07 am | Permalink

all the cakes are great~! they look so spongy and creamy :)
    .-= wyyv´s last blog ..Fried Asparagus with Belacan =-.

• August 12, 2010 - 9:19 am | Permalink

can courier all these to me?? wish to have them all. :)
    .-= NKOTB´s last blog ..Sri Malaya Heritage Restaurant =-.

• August 12, 2010 - 9:31 am | Permalink

Wow… Gorgeous cakes!!!
    .-= Selba´s last blog ..Chocolate Workshop With Laurent Bernard at Emilie Restaurant- Jakarta =-.

• August 12, 2010 - 9:54 am | Permalink

he baked all those within 4 days?!
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Newly Revamped Nagomi @ Jaya 33- Petaling Jaya =-.

• August 12, 2010 - 11:40 am | Permalink

It’s like a one-stop bakery. I’ll take one of each. ;)
    .-= Carolyn Jung´s last blog ..Take Five with Spencer on the Go’s Chef Laurent Katgely- on His Upcoming Debut on the Food Network =-.

• August 12, 2010 - 12:00 pm | Permalink

Wow! He is very geng! The cakes all looks yummy le!
    .-= uLi´s last blog ..Durian Cravings @Raub =-.

• August 12, 2010 - 1:28 pm | Permalink

Nice cakes & great photos~ I wan to attend sunny’s baking class also

• August 12, 2010 - 2:12 pm | Permalink

Drooling at all the photos..except on Eric Chong photo la…later his gf/wife cekik me

I have no talent in baking nor cooking. Looks like have to “polish” your shoes and maybe can get free cakes to eat. ..kekeke*Evil Grinz*
    .-= kathy´s last blog ..Home Tuition Anyone =-.

• August 12, 2010 - 2:52 pm | Permalink

wah….one day must go and try his cake…looks lovely and delicious….

• August 12, 2010 - 10:17 pm | Permalink

What divine cakes!

• August 12, 2010 - 10:21 pm | Permalink

Beautiful cakes! Your class taught him well!
    .-= lisaiscooking´s last blog ..Tamarind-Glazed Black Cod with Habanero-Orange Salsa =-.

• August 12, 2010 - 10:26 pm | Permalink

Wow, you’re such an excellent teacher!!!

Maybe there is hope as yet for me…I should take up an intensive baking class too some day!
    .-= Beaulotus´s last blog ..Meet Te-Te-Te =-.

• August 13, 2010 - 1:19 pm | Permalink

Oh my goodness, wht talent…I loved each treat, you should feel so proud, lovely

sweetlife

• Ai Lee Yap
    August 13, 2010 - 3:52 pm | Permalink

Yummy yummy deliciously gorgeous cakes ! Eric, keep up with the excellent work.

• lotus tan
    August 15, 2010 - 3:54 pm | Permalink

wah…all nice n yummy cake whr can try to eat

• August 16, 2010 - 11:38 am | Permalink

Wow, he is very talented! The presentation is very original and beautiful! :D
    .-= Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella´s last blog ..PodFood- Petting a Cheetah and The Poacher’s Trail- Canberra =-.

• August 18, 2010 - 2:31 am | Permalink

Wow! I can only say you are a great teacher!!! Kudos!! You must be proud!
    .-= Ivy @ My Simple Food´s last blog ..Christmas in August Best way to serve Watermelon =-.