Buka Puasa Ramadhan at Eccucino, Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur

Ikan Patin Masak Tempoyak
Salivating Ikan Patin Masak Tempoyak

Having to arrive on time at Eccucino on time, it already got me eyeing at those Raya spread. It can be eye bulging with temptation. The “Tulang Rawan Masak Rusuk” or braised beef ribs kuzi style was such an eye pleasing. It was tenderly braised, attractive, laced with a tasty sauce and soft in texture that melts right away in my mouth. It wooed my heart immediately.

Signauture beef ribs and oxtail soup
Signature Beef Ribs and Oxtail Soup

That evening I can’t stop noticing Chef Khairuddin Aman Shah & Chef Sharom bin Saar both were putting the finishing touch to their signature beef ribs and oxtail soup. Even seated from a distance, the fragrance of the soup was readily detectable, a sign of a well good prepared soup. I had a spoon and I was hooked. It was showering with bodily flavor and aroma. I guessed mine had some chilli paste and it was awesome, the burning sensation just ran through my throat. It was really good.

Braised beef ribs kuzi style
Braised Beef Ribs Kuzi Style

“Ikan Patin Masak Tempoyak” or cat fish simmered in fermented durian was yet another authentic dish that I enjoyed most but some may find it less attractive. Here the cat fish was cooked in thick fragrant coconut cream, bird chillies and fresh turmeric . In order to enhance the flavor, fermented durian paste was added in. It was taste and I felt the sensation heat rising in my tummy.

• August 15, 2010 - 12:32 pm | Permalink

Just bought petai from pasar…Hmm…maybe will cook sambal petai later :p The Sambal Petai in your photo looks so yummy
    .-= kathy´s last blog ..Thank You For Voting For My Photo in BookXcess 3rd Anniversary Contest =-.

• August 15, 2010 - 4:04 pm | Permalink

I love the udang sambal petai very muchie too! ^^
    .-= uLi´s last blog ..Durian Cravings @Raub =-.

• August 15, 2010 - 5:34 pm | Permalink

Yummy food!

• August 15, 2010 - 6:32 pm | Permalink

I want lemang…. aaaah. The ayam percik looks amazing.
    .-= Su-yin´s last blog ..Fruit picking and a raspberry lemon frangipane tart =-.

• August 15, 2010 - 7:13 pm | Permalink

I love ramadhan as there is so much food being offered once buka puasa is on.

• August 16, 2010 - 1:42 am | Permalink

Lucky you! But how many can afford $98++ buffet?
    .-= LCOM´s last blog ..Steamed Eggs with Topping =-.

• August 16, 2010 - 6:31 am | Permalink

All of those dishes make me salivate, but none more than those meaty looking short ribs and oxtails. YUM!
    .-= Carolyn Jung´s last blog ..Indian Independence Day- New Beard Papa- Chocolate Meets Tofu &amp More =-.

• August 16, 2010 - 9:55 am | Permalink

love the kuzi beef the most! yummmmmmmmm
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Berbuka Puasa Healthily with O’Briens Sandwiches =-.

• August 16, 2010 - 10:47 am | Permalink

Tried bubur lambok , never know it can be so yummy :)
    .-= mimid3vils´s last blog ..Celebrate Ramadhan @ Hotel Nikko =-.

• August 16, 2010 - 6:33 pm | Permalink

buffet again?? wow, so this is the 4th consecutive ramadhan buffet you’ve been too?? can’t believe it bro..
    .-= [SK]´s last blog ..13082010 ???? =-.

• August 16, 2010 - 6:33 pm | Permalink

but then this one doesn’t look as special as the previous ones woh..
    .-= [SK]´s last blog ..13082010 ???? =-.

• August 16, 2010 - 6:35 pm | Permalink

but then i still find the beef ribs, ayam perchik and the sambal prawns very nice lor.. because it’s dinner time!! ;p
    .-= [SK]´s last blog ..13082010 ???? =-.

• August 17, 2010 - 2:06 pm | Permalink

wow many ramadhan dishes…so yummy
    .-= vialentino´s last blog ..Dylan Talking Over the Mobile Phone =-.

• August 23, 2010 - 4:18 pm | Permalink

i don’t know why am i torturing myself reading your blog. the foods in the pics looked great and i am salivating as we speak. the review and description is short, simple and precise. i’ll be breaking fast at Eccucino on Wednesday and i can’t wait to try ’em all! thank u for the review. maybe i’ll write one myself after my dining experience at Eccucino. 😉
    .-= izyan´s last blog ..something for raya =-.