The Club at The Saujana & Master Chef Anton Mosimann

The Club Saujana

It was a lazy noon and I dragged my foodie mates (Sidney, CK Lam both known food contributors from NST, Vialentino, & Teoh) along to The Club at The Saujana for an exclusive wine & lunch. Some may not know The Club, it is located in the outskirt about 30minutes from the city of Kuala Lumpur and about 35minutes from the Kuala Lumpur International Airport. As from the Subang Airport, it takes only 5minutes. The resort’s architecture, interior and outstanding accomodation reflects a contemporary Asian style incorporating local design elements and not forgeting about their 169 hectares of lush tropical garden and surrounded by two 18-holes championship golf courses.

The Club Saujana 1

This boutique encompasses of 105 rooms and suites ranging from smartly appointed Club Rooms, Terrace Suits, Superior Suite, Deluxe Suite and Executive Suite to the lavish Saujana Suite. Modern stylish and spacious rooms and suites comprising primarily of terrazzo floors, marble and Burmese teak wood, very lavish indeed and a total relaxing resort, definitely a place to be.

The Club Saujana 2

The Restaurant with an adjoining terrace overlooking the garden and the water feature serves creative European and Asian a la carte delights through their open-kitchen concept.

Sunny Yaw and The Club Saujana
Me sitting at the terrace of The Restaurant

I was seated to my table looking over the menu, . . . . . “yes I am going to indulge the creation of a famous celebrity chef”, I told my charmly. I can’t believe myself having the pleasure to taste a refine lunch prepared by the famous Chef Anton Mosimann. Truly his stay was to mesmerizing his fan like myself. It was definitely a rare treat from a culinary genuis and a multiple winner of the Michelin Star especially having of such experience in Kuala Lumpur at The Club, Saujana.

Anton Mosimann's Menu
Anton Mosimann’s Lunch Menu

• July 19, 2010 - 5:34 pm | Permalink

Wow, lucky you! That is an awesome meal and event. Switzerland has great chefs ;-)…

• July 19, 2010 - 9:30 pm | Permalink

Wow! Such a nice place and lovely lunch =)
    .-= uLi´s last blog ..Carls Jr – The Only Burger That I Want! =-.

• July 20, 2010 - 1:55 am | Permalink

Lucky Lucky you!! I heard about Chef Anton in Malaysia. It must have been a terrific lunch!!
    .-= My Simple Food´s last blog ..Kaya Kok Kaya Puff =-.

• July 20, 2010 - 11:35 am | Permalink

woah nice interior.
    .-= chris´s last blog ..Photoshopping Gone Wrong =-.

• July 20, 2010 - 1:43 pm | Permalink

The Amuse Bouche…so much spring onion – not usually seen in western cuisine. Oh? Via was there too?…Guess I’ll see this in his blog as well. Not crazy about those black candlesticks – like funeral parlour! LOL!!!

P.S. Than’s for dropping by my blog. Have linked you in my blogroll.
    .-= suituapui´s last blog ..Never- never- never… =-.

• July 20, 2010 - 2:23 pm | Permalink

Wow! Such a nice place and the food looks delicious! I think I will like the steamed sea bass and the bread & butter pudding. Yum!!

• July 20, 2010 - 2:30 pm | Permalink

every dish pair with wine, never have this experience b4
    .-= mimid3vils´s last blog ..Tao Cuisine =-.

• July 20, 2010 - 2:54 pm | Permalink

It was truly an unforgettable dining experience…thanks for the arrangement!
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Golden Palm Tree Sea Villas in Sepang- Selangor =-.

• July 20, 2010 - 3:27 pm | Permalink

Bread & Butter Pudding – bread reduced is a better version for me. :)

• July 20, 2010 - 4:15 pm | Permalink

wow, yet another indulgence for yourself.. nice deco and ambience, and definitely delicious food.. i like how the present the food, so delicate and detailed.. :)
    .-= [SK]´s last blog ..19072010 ???? =-.

• July 20, 2010 - 10:26 pm | Permalink

wow…lucky you. Delicious looking food
    .-= kathy´s last blog ..Thank You BookXcess =-.

• July 21, 2010 - 12:02 am | Permalink

really a great dining experience and thanks for the invite. great pleasure to meet ck lam for the first time … really enjoy chef mosimann cooking and love the wine so much.

like The Club so much … how nice if were to come here everyday to dine and relax at here…
    .-= vialentino´s last blog ..Lunch with Chef Anton Mosimann @ The Club at The Saujana =-.

• July 21, 2010 - 2:09 am | Permalink

What a lovely lunch, and oh man the souffle looks darn good!
    .-= LCOM´s last blog ..Fruit Pastry using Puff Prata- Pratha =-.

• July 21, 2010 - 8:17 am | Permalink

Can I just say that I LOVE that abstract painting in the very top photo? Makes me feel sunny and bright just looking at it.
    .-= Carolyn Jung´s last blog ..Good Eats in Australia =-.

• July 21, 2010 - 9:10 am | Permalink

Truly heaven to spend your noon at this classy restaurant. No need to drag, I can fly over now! LOL!
    .-= food-4tots´s last blog ..Nagaimo and shrimp paste =-.

• July 21, 2010 - 11:05 am | Permalink

such a glamorous star-struck lunch! im envious!

• July 21, 2010 - 2:27 pm | Permalink

I’ve been meaning to visit this place since like.. forever.. haha~ but each time i thought of the long journey there, i just got really lazy. Will def try to visit soon. *fingers crosseD*
    .-= Ms. Jazz´s last blog ..Ms Jazz Reviews since crazieapple never does -P on Lafite @ Shangri-la Hotel =-.

• July 22, 2010 - 4:27 am | Permalink

What a fancy and elegant lunch! Truly and impressive spread- Each dish sounds so thoughtfully composed and beautifully presented.