Nine New Dishes at California Pizza Kitchen

Sonora Egg Rolls
Sonora Egg Rolls

Dropping by Californai Pizza Kitchen for a tasting got me wanting for more. With a group of foodies we started the adventure. At start we were introduced to California Pizza Kitchen’s nine new adoreable creations. I found myself rather lucky to have indulged into their Sonora Egg Rolls. I found it excitingly good. Awesome fillings, what more to ask, the present of grilled lime chicken already drove me mad, while laced over with roasted corn and balck bean salsa got me going. With topping such as cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses had me salivating and they had the flavour entensified with fire-roasted mild chillies, green onions and cilantro too. I was for another surprise, CPK had this roll hand wrapped with wonton wrappers and crisp deep fried. Trust me it was heavenly good.

Moroccan Chicken Salad
Moroccan Chicken Salad

For a second, I thought I was presented with a plate of coloured gems and even precious coloured stones. My neighbour felt so glitter. “I felt so rich and famous” she whispered to my ear with a smile. I felt that too. It was those deep gorgeous colours that shine through the salad – purple. lime green, orange and yellow. It was rather refeshing of having the present of roasted butternut squash, dates, freah avocado, toasted almonds, fresh beets, chopped egg, carrot, dried cranberries, red bell peppers, crisp Romaine lettuce and not forgetting those chunks of Moroccan-spiced chicken breast. This Moroccan Chicken Salad was absolutely good and having it coated with their own Honey-Dijon vinaigrette, I couldn’t stop having a few helpings.

DrinksDrinks1
Delicious Drinks

I was into a great mood and I just requested the waiter to bring me any of their delicious drinks and I end up sipping them and ended up not knowning the names of the drinks. That’s how good the food caught my attention that night.

• July 25, 2010 - 11:57 pm | Permalink

Mmmhhhh. such droolworthy food! Now I am hungry…

• July 25, 2010 - 11:59 pm | Permalink

Wahhh… I really like that place.. Gonna try that too the next time I go KLCC 😀

• July 26, 2010 - 12:10 am | Permalink

i would go for the salad and the salmon. Not really into pizza. The drinks looks tempting. Citrus?.
    .-= kathy´s last blog ..Ipoh Road Yong Tau Foo @ Kota Damansara =-.

• July 26, 2010 - 12:23 am | Permalink

The Ginger Salmon sounds interesting. I have yet to have the fish pair with ginger sauce.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Uncle Zack By-The-Beach in Parkroyal Hotel Penang =-.

• July 26, 2010 - 1:12 am | Permalink

wow, the egg rolls look damn good!
    .-= pigpigscorner´s last blog ..The Lonsdale =-.

• July 26, 2010 - 8:06 am | Permalink

Oooh, it’s been awhile since I’ve been to California Pizza Kitchen. The new dishes look great!
    .-= Carolyn Jung´s last blog ..Whole Foods Showcases Sustainable Swordfish &amp A “Next Iron Chef” Contestant =-.

• July 26, 2010 - 9:47 am | Permalink

this is what i miss la…aiyoo!
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Malaysia had been cooked by Nanta Cookin non Verbal Comedy @ KLCC Convention Center =-.

• July 26, 2010 - 10:34 am | Permalink

I always wonder what is the ingredient make the red velvet cake so RED?
    .-= mimid3vils´s last blog ..Samantha 10 Months old =-.

• July 26, 2010 - 10:48 am | Permalink

brother went without me on last Thursday.>.<
    Wanted to try out those new dishes so much too!
    .-= Jean´s last blog ..Hada Labo Perfect X Simple Facebook Fans Tea Party – Food Part =-.

• July 26, 2010 - 12:02 pm | Permalink

all the food look SERIOUSLY good!!!

• July 26, 2010 - 3:21 pm | Permalink

New recipe wor….time to revisit liao….hehe!
    .-= uLi´s last blog ..Berbuka Puasa Buffet at Eccucino- Prince Hotel &amp Residence KL =-.

• July 26, 2010 - 4:48 pm | Permalink

I like thin crust pizzas too. The thick ones filled with cheese and whatnots are off my list.
    .-= Mei Teng´s last blog ..Random Thoughts =-.

• July 26, 2010 - 11:00 pm | Permalink

we just went there for a farewell dinner for a colleague couple of weeks ago.. and we were so satisfied with the food, partly because of the good company i guess.. don’t think we ordered the new items, but my thumbs up to the grilled vegetables salad and the wild mushroom pizza, nice!!!

• July 27, 2010 - 12:01 am | Permalink

The desserts are certainly beautiful, at least!

• July 27, 2010 - 2:24 am | Permalink

Those egg rolls look really good. All crispy and everything!
    .-= Su-yin´s last blog ..The food of Florence Part 2 =-.

• July 28, 2010 - 2:13 pm | Permalink

I had to look twice at the Cheeseburger Pizza, for I thought the avocado pieces had no connection whatsoever to a beefy, cheesy creation.

• August 11, 2010 - 6:40 pm | Permalink

wow. can we talk about those egg rolls? a crispy fried shell filled with oozy cheese and spicy goodness–there’s truly no appetizer that entices me more. :)