Norman Musa Cooks Around The World with The Lotus Racing Team

Montreal 009

Hello Apa Khabar?

I met Sidney Kan at Gordon Ramsay’s filming in KL last month and he proposed to me to write for BBO’s blog and with no hesitant I agreed to do it. This is a wonderful idea. I want to share my experience cooking abroad and at the same time promoting our lovely Malaysian cuisine with my fellow Malaysians. Just in case if anyone is wondering ‘Who the heck is Norman Musa?’, well let me just tell you briefly about myself and the rest you can just Google me. I’m not big like Gordon Ramsay or Jamie Oliver or even Chef Wan but I am working hard to promote Malaysian cuisine especially in the UK where my restaurant is located. Currently I am following Lotus Racing to be the Official Malaysian Chef for Formula One Grand Prix.

Tony & me

Montreal 048
Heikki Johannes Kovalainen a Finnish Formula One racing driver and currently drives for the Lotus Racing team.

That means I am travelling around the world with Lotus team cooking Malaysian food for them. Sounds glamorous? Not quite. The good thing is you get to travel. it is really a hard work but for me this is an amazing experience and I am so glad and lucky to be able to do this.

• June 18, 2010 - 10:14 am | Permalink

Wow such a cool job ….
    .-= email2me´s last blog ..Joes Only One Mango Juice at Melaka Portuguese Settlement =-.

• June 18, 2010 - 10:46 am | Permalink

Wow~ His salary must be very good 😛
    .-= uLi´s last blog ..Piggy Malacca Trip 2010 – Nadeje =-.

• June 18, 2010 - 11:38 am | Permalink

Wow! U got a good job there :)
    .-= wyyv´s last blog ..One Chef @ Jaya One =-.

• June 18, 2010 - 11:41 am | Permalink

Cool job! Can travel around the world!
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..Budget Food Crawl at Pavilion KL =-.

• June 18, 2010 - 5:53 pm | Permalink

That sounds really cool, trust Dany to always come up with good ideas. Smart of them to have a good cook instead of searching for food everywhere they go like the Ferrari team does.

I’ve a few friends who have gone over to Lotus, say hello to Miodrag, Gino, Myrthe and Donato for me if you see them and remember that Myrthe loves Indonesian food so a good rendang would always be welcome!

• June 18, 2010 - 7:54 pm | Permalink

Wow!! That’s the coolest job ever! *drools*
    can’t wait to read more.
    .-= WaiSikMui´s last blog ..Red Danger / Femme Fatale =-.

• June 18, 2010 - 9:43 pm | Permalink

Welcome Norman M, great to have you here, awesome to able to read about your experience with the team. Hey! Did I see something similar to the nasi lemak we attended that day, your rice wrap! :)

• Norman Musa
    June 18, 2010 - 10:28 pm | Permalink

Hey All and Mr Sidney Kan

Yes it is a cool job and the money is not bad (if converted to Ringgits) but still hard work. Sidney, I’ve seen the wrap somewhere else before not that nasi lemak. So Mr GR obviously got the idea from somewhere else. Copycat. ha ha.

• June 19, 2010 - 12:29 am | Permalink

Cool job!
    .-= LCOM´s last blog ..Stir Fried Macaroni with Broccoli and Tuna =-.

• June 19, 2010 - 10:13 am | Permalink

Thumbs up to Norman…he sure did a great job promoting Penang cuisine.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Jewel Of Muscat in Penang =-.

• June 20, 2010 - 3:57 am | Permalink

great post, I am always happy to learn about great Chefs and their interesting lives, I can imagine it is hard work setting up in a different location and working with a limited kitchen..great post..will look forward to the next..

sweetlife
    .-= sweetlife´s last blog ..Dr Pepper Marinated Steaks and Black Bean Salsa =-.

• June 28, 2010 - 11:05 am | Permalink

wahsei…such an exclusive…next time bring me along to take F1 cars….hehehhee
    .-= via´s last blog ..My Garden Food Romance Tale – Garden Lifestyle Store -amp Cafe- The Curve =-.

• August 1, 2010 - 8:37 am | Permalink

So…did they let you drive one of the cars? (wink, wink)
    .-= Carolyn Jung´s last blog ..News in Wine Country- Kids Eat Free &amp More =-.