Norman Musa at Taste of London

Ola from Valencia!

It was a busy week for me after returning from Montreal Grand Prix and I only have a week before flying off to Valencia. The week was packed with meetings and trip down to London for the prestigious Taste of London event. I was there on Thursday for the launch of Malaysia Kitchen and Saturday for the cooking demos. My Idol, Chef Rick Stein was there to cut the ribbon with the Malaysian High Commissioner. It was a last minute decision before I went down to London from Manchester as on the same day I had my ‘Malaysian Food’ book signing at Waterstone bookstore in Trafford Shopping Centre in the evening. It was manic Thursday. The book signing went well, many books sold. So I am very pleased with that.

• June 29, 2010 - 3:39 pm | Permalink

Way to go Norman…Indeed great of you promoting Malaysian food abroad!
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Breakfast at Eng Loh Coffee Shop- Church Street Penang =-.

• June 29, 2010 - 5:06 pm | Permalink
  • June 29, 2010 - 11:32 pm | Permalink

What a cool chef!
    .-= email2me´s last blog ..Huckleberry Cafe at Bangsar Shopping Centre’s Time Book Store =-.

• June 30, 2010 - 10:35 am | Permalink

wow how cool you went to Monaco we are big F1 fans and would have loved to see you cook used to live in the UK

Rebecca
    .-= rebecca´s last blog ..Thai Red Curry and Thai Cookbook Giveaway =-.

• June 30, 2010 - 10:57 am | Permalink

Congrats on the successful event. I hope more people discover the wonders of Malaysian cooking, thanks to you.
    .-= Carolyn Jung´s last blog ..Corn Salad to End All Corn Salads =-.

• June 30, 2010 - 5:41 pm | Permalink

Looks like you are doing great and keeping busy! Happy for you :)

• July 1, 2010 - 12:19 am | Permalink

I *love* Rick Stein too!
    Congratulations on the event, it looks like it was a success!
    Magda
    .-= my little expat kitchen´s last blog ..Risky kitchen business =-.

• July 1, 2010 - 2:50 am | Permalink

This is great!
    .-= LCOM´s last blog ..Minced Meat Noodle 2 =-.

• July 1, 2010 - 5:53 am | Permalink

how wonderful busy but so much fun…

sweetlife
    .-= sweetlife´s last blog ..Lemon Avocado Sherbert winners =-.

• July 1, 2010 - 10:00 am | Permalink

wooot….go go Harvery Norman. Oppps Norman Musa

• July 2, 2010 - 5:15 am | Permalink

Congrats on your book selling well! Great photo with Rick Stein too. Sounds like you’ve been busy!
    .-= lisaiscooking´s last blog ..Whole Wheat Sourdough Rolls with Blueberries and Raspberries =-.

• July 2, 2010 - 7:49 pm | Permalink

How fabulous to get such feedback from Rick Stein! Well done! 😀

• July 6, 2010 - 8:32 am | Permalink
  • July 8, 2010 - 4:40 am | Permalink

Lucky you, getting to meet Rick Stein! I wish all the chefs would turn up everyday, it’d make for more celebrity chef spotting. 😉 On another note though, I can’t believe I missed seeing your cooking demos at Taste as I was there on Friday and Saturday!
    .-= Su-yin´s last blog ..The food of Florence part 1 =-.