I have been work long shift almost everyday to get all the dessert orders ready for weddings, birthdays, father’s day and also had 5-days private baking classes while also conducting my macaron classes over the weekend. It was rather tiring and stressful, I was over worked and we had a mix up with one of our order too, it was Sid’s mistake
I managed to bake this Honey Mousse with Apricot Jelly and Pistachio Joconde over the week and it turned out to be an interesting gateux. The mousse was laced with fragrant honey while the mixed nuts gave a huge excitement to taste and flavour. I like the idea of playing with the construction of a slightly thicker layered pistachio joconde which the colour came to enlighten the whole dessert. Having the present of apricot curenu was different than what I had done before, belted with a sourness and bitter-sweet after taste, the whole piece tasted less sweet. Overall the cake blended well.
105g Soften Butter
80g Pistachio Puree
65g Cake Flour
4g Baking Powder
1. Preheat the oven at 180C.
2. Whisk the soften butter together with marzipan.
3. Continue whisk by adding egg.
4. Then add in pistachio puree, cake flour and baking powder. Continue to whisk.
5. Transfer the mixturer into the baking tray.
6. Bake at upper temperature 180C and bottom 160C for about 15-20minutes