Maya Indulgence with Chef Shamsul

Chef Shamsul

I accidently stumbled upon this awesome recipe from Chef Shamsul of Hotel Maya Kuala Lumpur which I think work fabulous during a weekend dining at home with friends over a few bottles of red wine.

Pasta with Boston Lobster Bisque

Ingredients
150g Any Pasta
2nos Lobster Head and Skin (roasted)
100g Prawn Shell
250ml Seafood Stock
2nos Onion Slice
1no Carrot
50g Celery
2nos Garlic Crush
2tbsp Dry Sherry
8tbsp Tomato Puree
480g Tomato (Chopped)
1tbsp Black Peppercorns
1tbsp Fresh Oregano (chopped)
1tbsp Fresh Basil (shredded)
2tbsp Olive Oil
30gm Flour
Salt & Pepper to taste

Pasta with Boston Lobster Bisque

Method
1. Heat olive oil in a sauce pan, then saute the onion, celery. carrot and garlic until soft.
2. Next, pour the dry sherry and heat through for 5minutes. Then add in the tomato puree, chopped tomato, peppercorn and fresh herbs, saute again for another 5 minutes.
3. Add in the flour and saute it until the flour is cooked.
4. Then, stir the lobster head and skin together with prawn shells in the mixtures and saute for another 10 minutes.
5. Pour in the seafood stock and bring in to boil and then reduce the heat. Cover and simmer the stock for 15 minutes.
6. Strain the stock through a sieve, return the stock to a clean sauce pan.
7. Bring to boil again and reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Add salt and pepper for seasoning.
9. Serve the pasta with Boston lobster bisque and the lobster meat.

I got to say this is an awesome delicious recipe because I have a thing with lobster bisque, one of my favourite and can be a real seducer . . . . . . Sidney Kan!

• May 7, 2010 - 9:33 pm | Permalink

That souds and looks good!

• May 7, 2010 - 11:30 pm | Permalink

Wah this plate of pasta sure come with a good price ๐Ÿ˜€
    .-= email2me´s last blog ..Food Brings Us Together Saujana HOTEL KUALA LUMPUR EMBRACES 1 MALAYSIA =-.

• May 8, 2010 - 3:22 pm | Permalink

Yummy! I wanna learn also ๐Ÿ˜€
    .-= uLi´s last blog ..RM1.00++ "Ying Yang Prawns" @Tai Zi Heen =-.

• May 8, 2010 - 9:30 pm | Permalink

Sid when are you going to demonstrate for us? I help you test it ๐Ÿ˜›
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..Ordering my first Coach bag =-.

• May 9, 2010 - 11:25 pm | Permalink

What an awesome idea! Combining this fab soup of all time with pasta!
    .-= daphne´s last blog ..Spinach, Feta and Chicken Triangles =-.

• May 10, 2010 - 11:33 am | Permalink

let me know if you ever cook it ok? ๐Ÿ˜›
    .-= xin´s last blog ..See my wedding photos! =-.

• May 10, 2010 - 5:16 pm | Permalink

the ingrediant looks tempting lei..
    if my kitchen water tab is big enough don mind to try~
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..12inch Burger at Cravings Kitchen and Bistro @ Sunway Giza =-.

• May 10, 2010 - 5:53 pm | Permalink

hey sidney, u need any assistant chef … do hire me ok … but i will help u on the food tasting part only … hehehe.
    .-= via´s last blog ..Dylan’s Passport Picture taken from Home studio =-.

• May 10, 2010 - 7:45 pm | Permalink

Ohhh…. So this is what I missed!!
    .-= lionelong´s last blog ..Happy Motherโ€™s Day at Overseas Restaurant Jaya One =-.