Laura Calder’s Apple Cream Tart

Laura Calder Apple Cream Tart
Apple Cream Tart

Laura Calder the author of French Taste yet a culinary expert who had hosted 79 episodes of French Food at Home, with two seasons shown exclusively on the Asian Food Channel (AFC) was in town and I meet her at Sampling on the Fourteen, Berjaya University College of Hospitality.

She is definitely my Kitchen Goddess! I like her, she was funny yet filled with wittiness . . . . equipt with a flamboyant style herself, she captured her audience within seconds, well I am one of them! I was totally hypnotised by her . . . . . she is gorgeous.

Here I share one of her dessert recipe I learned during her class and it was awesome,

Apple Cream Tart

Ingredients
Tart Shell
1/2cup Butter
1/3cup Sugar
1/2tspn Vanilla
1cup Flour

Cream Filling
1 egg
1/2tsp Vanilla
8ounces Softened Cream Cheese
1/4cup Sugar

Topping
3 Apples (peeled and thinly sliced)
1/4cup Sugar
1/2tsp Cinnamon
1.4cup Slivered Almonds or Chopped Walnuts

Method
Tart Shell
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Make the crust, cream the butter and sugar.
3. Stir in the vanilla. Mix in the flour to make a smooth dough.
4. Press into the bottom of an 8inch/20cm spring-form pan, giving it about an inch/2.5cm rim.
5. Bake for about 15minutes until golden.
6. Remove from the oven.

Cream Filling
1. Beat all the ingredients for the cream filling together until smooth.
2. Make the topping by tossing the apple slices with the cinnamon, sugar and nuts.
3. Remove the tart shell from the oven. Spread over the cream mixture.

Topping
1. Arrange the apple slices oon top, then scatter over the nuts.
2. bake until apples are tender and golden about 40minutes.

Laura Calder Apple Cream Tart Making

Simple to make and yet taste good, something I myself can’t resist. Sidney will be reporting more of Laura Clader on his new blog soon (food.bigboysoven.com) . . . . . hope you will try Laura’s recipe. I did Sunny Yaw

• May 26, 2010 - 11:33 am | Permalink

sunny..faster bake 1 let us try

hoh liau eh~
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Restaurant Kan Eng @ Hatyai, Songkhla =-.

• May 26, 2010 - 11:57 am | Permalink

looks delicious! i love fruit tarts! cant wait to try it out!

• May 26, 2010 - 4:50 pm | Permalink

Thanks for sharing. Bet I’m gonna dig this out when I got my new oven…..SOON!!!
    .-= uLi´s last blog ..Craving for CRAVINGS – 12" Burger Here I Come!! =-.

• May 27, 2010 - 10:17 am | Permalink
  • May 27, 2010 - 11:29 am | Permalink

the tart look as delicious as Laura Calder 😛
    .-= mimid3vils´s last blog ..Sanuki Udon =-.

• May 30, 2010 - 11:31 am | Permalink

Such a beautiful tart! I do love apple pie, but find it so plain and homely… This is a great way to get the same flavor, in a more elegant package. :)
    .-= Hannah´s last blog ..Supersize My Snack =-.

• June 1, 2010 - 10:58 pm | Permalink

Thank you so much for posting the recipe. I first heard she was there from Swee San’s blog and now you. I’ve been dying for her recipe for apple tart. I like how her cooking is so simple, rustic, no need to roll and line, just press into tart tin. Indeed home cooking. Thank you so much, you have made my day. I am gonna attempt it!!!!
    .-= Quinn´s last blog ..Heaven and Hell Cake =-.

• July 14, 2010 - 11:03 am | Permalink

Since I am not the biggest pumpkin pie fan, I might just have to bookmark this for my Thanksgiving feast later this year. Looks like a winner to me! 😉
    .-= Carolyn Jung´s last blog ..Down Under in the Land of Olives =-.

• February 17, 2015 - 5:31 am | Permalink

My daughter made Laura’s apple tart.
    It was not only beautiful, but was supremely delicieux. so Provence!!!