HONKEE PORRIDGE Damansara Utama

Hon Kee 1

I stumbled acroos this shop recently after reading some review by other foodies and yet how can I resist of not pay a visit to this eatry, it was located not too far from my place. Upon arriving I can see see people spooning into their bowl of warm porridge definitely excited me. Arriving at the right timing after a heavy rain making the wanting of a bowl can be even more pleasant, definitely wuill give a warm feeling.

Chinese Bread Stick 1
Chunks of Chinese bread stick

We came, sat and ordered our favourite porridge right away as we knew what we wanted as Honkee is not new to us, we had eaten many bowls of Honkee porridge at the famous Petaling Street, Kuala Lumpur. My favourite was the deep fried crisp pig intestine as it had the full favour of a good porridge, I think! Every bite into the intestine can be mind blowning, very good! But before our porridge arrived, the cut Chinese bread stick arrived first, lovely deep fried till golden brown, a great topping for an awesome bowl of porridge.

• May 1, 2010 - 10:10 pm | Permalink

Hmm…I like this type of smooth and silky porridge. I can eat it with whatever toppings. :)
    .-= Little Inbox´s last blog ..Roasted Pumpkin Soup =-.

• May 2, 2010 - 12:30 am | Permalink

Love having this kind of porridge for meals as the current weather is extremely hot. 😉
    .-= food-4tots´s last blog ..Lentil and vegetable curry =-.

• May 2, 2010 - 1:07 am | Permalink

Didn’t know that they have an outlet at DU. I love their outlet at Hutong – my usual lunch date with my Mister, whenever he is free :)
    .-= celine´s last blog ..Graffiti Fun! =-.

• May 2, 2010 - 10:50 am | Permalink

Looking at the porridge in the morning makes me very hungry.
    Nice to know they have have all the varieties and deep fried tidbits as well in this outlet :)
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Leos “Wok For Love” Cooking Competition =-.

• May 2, 2010 - 4:48 pm | Permalink

nice photos, definitely will bring my penang friend to dine there !

• May 2, 2010 - 5:34 pm | Permalink

Wonderful! I’ve often equated porridge with sickness, but there’s nothing sick about these bowls of heartwarming goodness! I can’t wait to check it out!
    .-= minchow´s last blog ..You Shall Eat Well in Penang =-.

• May 2, 2010 - 5:52 pm | Permalink

I’ve actually tried their yau char koai once in Hutong Lot 10, was pretty disappointed, but looking at their porridge I bet, it’s silky smooth. :)
    .-= NKOTB´s last blog ..Sushi Kappo Miyasaka ???? =-.

• May 3, 2010 - 9:07 am | Permalink

I haven’t had breakfast yet! I wish Hon Kee is just next door :(
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..I’m a bag-aholic! =-.

• May 3, 2010 - 9:45 am | Permalink

wow…the raw fish looks so fresh … first time i see a porridge restaurant served raw fish….this is unique…will give a try at this outlet…

• May 3, 2010 - 11:06 pm | Permalink

I miss Hon Kee porridge >.<
    .-= uLi´s last blog ..5 Days Jiangnan Tour (???) :: Teaser =-.

• May 4, 2010 - 3:49 pm | Permalink

smooth and silky porridge looks really cool!
    .-= xin´s last blog ..How am I going to celebrate Labor’s Day =-.

• May 4, 2010 - 4:56 pm | Permalink

slurpp… i just want to have such a nice taste of porridge during this rainy season..stim~
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Songkran Water Festival @ Hatyai 2010 =-.

• May 17, 2010 - 9:47 pm | Permalink

Definitely sounds like comfort food to me!