CHI KA YIN Bandar Puteri Puchong

Chi Ka Yin

Chi Ka Yin Restaurant was one of the places I visited over a weekend with a group of foodies. It was a great place to be, a warm lay back type of place just like being at home. The restaurant is located at the nes commercial area of Puchong called Bandar Puteri.
The deco was simple and a refreshing lemon green dominated the backdrop of this place, my type of colour!

lo bak
Homemade Lo Bak

First to arrive was the homemade “lo bak” or meat spring roll, the filling s had a great body of texture and a crisp skin. A great light dish to start with. I was told a lot of people order them home because it easy to serve and yet delicious.

Hakka Abacus
The Hakka Abacus

Abacus it was named but i would called it the Chinese gnocchi as they looked similar. the only difference between the two, gnocchi is made of potatoes while abacus is made of yam. The abacus tasted deliciously with accompanied sauce such as dark soya mince pork sauce. A Hakka meal can’t be really satisfied without the present of a abacus dish.

Hakka Yong Tau Foo
Homemade Hakka Yong Tau Foo

Another Hakka speciality that cannot be missed will be the Hakka Yong Tau Foo, assorted stuffed meat/fish paste. The paste used can be very different from one place to another but here, the filling really taste good and jive well with the bencurd, bitter gourd and brinjal, very tasty.

• May 11, 2010 - 1:50 pm | Permalink

Yum Yum hakka foods 😀
    .-= uLi´s last blog ..Jiangnan Tour (???) :: Wuxi (??) =-.

• May 11, 2010 - 4:43 pm | Permalink

I love the steamed egg the most!
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..Visiting Korean Folk Village – Part 9 =-.

• May 11, 2010 - 4:53 pm | Permalink

yummy… when will i have the chance to try out hmmm… sid dont keep posting u r making me hungry :)
    .-= kenC´s last blog ..Tanglin Nasi Lemak =-.

• May 11, 2010 - 8:34 pm | Permalink

The Wo Tau Kau Yuk is so magnificent… top marks!! I can’t wait to taste the yam!
    .-= minchow´s last blog ..The Local Fix-It, Paradiso at Taman Desa =-.

• May 11, 2010 - 11:52 pm | Permalink

The food look delicious!
    .-= LCOM´s last blog ..Spicy and Sour Instant Noodle Soup =-.

• May 12, 2010 - 12:11 pm | Permalink

Nice place to hang out with friends. The food here looks good!
    .-= peteformation´s last blog ..Honey Iced Lemon Tea, Jelly Lolly; an Experiment gone awry but turned out yummy! =-.

• May 12, 2010 - 5:30 pm | Permalink

like the hakka food served here…chun ler
    .-= via´s last blog ..Beer Venture Hunt on Special Brew Beers @ Craft Brews, Mutiara Damansara =-.

• May 14, 2010 - 2:07 am | Permalink

Yummy Hakka food at a very cheap price!
    .-= email2me´s last blog ..Authentic Guangzhou Halal Dim Sum at Ah Kad Kar Puchong =-.

• May 14, 2010 - 10:55 pm | Permalink

Hakka dish! Yums! Will definitely bring my mom there one day!

• May 16, 2010 - 6:21 am | Permalink

the Abacus ( Suen Pun Chi) looks so yummy….missing Malaysian food again!

• May 17, 2010 - 11:33 am | Permalink

Some of these dishes always appear on my dining table as my mom is a Hakka 😉 But I never see a abacus in such dark color lor… O.O
    .-= mimid3vils´s last blog ..Restaurant De’ Champion Duck =-.

• May 17, 2010 - 6:05 pm | Permalink

Everything here is my favorite! *stomach growls*

• May 19, 2010 - 8:04 am | Permalink

Chinese gnocchi?? Who knew there was such a thing. Obviously, I have been missing out way too long. ;(
    .-= Carolyn Jung´s last blog ..San Francisco’s Historic Old Mint Showcases Food Exhibit =-.