WING KAT FONG Menglembu Ipoh

Wing Tak Fong

I had been in Ipoh about 8 days and mum is recovering well and hope she will be discharge by tomorrow and we can drive back to KL. I am sure you may as what I ate in Ipoh, well being born in Ipoh, there are so many exciting things to eat but food can be expensive this days in Ipoh. I find them at par as what we pay in KL. Anyway I went to Menglembu, a worth while drive almost more than 35km for a delight lunch indulging. I stopped at Wing Kat Fong for it’s famous Curries, served with either rice or chee cheong fun. It is unique, delicious and can really make one a great day!

Wing Tak Fong 3
Deep Fried Spices Chicken ‘Ayam Berempah Goreng’ a Malay style fried chicken that can be found here.

Wing Tak Fong 2
A spread of awesome goodness of curry ranging from Indian Fish Curry, Pork Curry, Octopus Curry, Petai Sambal, Shredded Chicken Curry, Deep Fried Chicken, Onion Sambal. so mouth watering, can be easily tempted.

Wing Tak Fong 1
My plate of fresh rice sheet noodle “Chee Cheong Fun” topped with Shredded Chicken Curry “Lap Sap Kai”, Octopus Curry and Sambal Petai. This combination was made for heaven, I was so speechless, I was truly enjoying the whole Chee Cheong Fun. The curry sauce was excellent, the fresh rice noodle was soft and tender and the curry was perfect. My plate at only RM5.00

I just love it, every curry dish was well prepared and refine to an excellent taste, not too hot and yet left us with a touch of perfect Indian curry . . . . . love it, you will enjoy it, Sidney Kan.

Restoran Wing Kat Fong
36 Pike Street
Menglembu
31450 Perak

• April 12, 2010 - 8:29 pm | Permalink

Wishing your mom for a speedy recovery!
    By the way, the ayam goreng berempah looks really yummy!
    .-= Little Inbox´s last blog ..Mee Udang (Malay Prawn Noodle) – Guest Post on Rasa Malaysia =-.

• April 12, 2010 - 10:39 pm | Permalink

Sedap ya….
    .-= uLi´s last blog ..Farewell Dinner @Monte, BSC – Friendship Chapter =-.

• April 13, 2010 - 12:20 am | Permalink

Wah the fried chicken are so tempting!
    .-= email2me´s last blog ..Tequila and Mezcal Tasting at Bentley’s Pub, Nikko Hotel KL =-.

• April 13, 2010 - 2:10 am | Permalink

I LOVE curries! That food looks so fine!

• April 13, 2010 - 8:00 am | Permalink

speedy recovery aunty.
    .-= NKOTB´s last blog ..Austin Chase =-.

• April 13, 2010 - 9:40 am | Permalink

Your plate is cheap…
    cant get this price in KL la
    .-= purpleserenity´s last blog ..A Taste of Korea at Eccucino, Prince Hotel @ KL =-.

• April 13, 2010 - 11:09 am | Permalink

Good price! Big plate of noodles at only RM5!
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..Disappointing Karaoke at Red Box =-.

• April 13, 2010 - 12:06 pm | Permalink

great to hear that your mom is recovering well! hope she gets even better ya!

and the food here looks really good!! can’t imagine eating all the curry dishes with chee cheong fun. something new to me!
    .-= lingzie´s last blog ..Roadside Tong Sui at Sungai Dua, Penang =-.

• April 13, 2010 - 1:09 pm | Permalink

I like this kind of spicy foods too, i salivated just loot at all these pictures.
    .-= Sonia´s last blog ..Ocean Cake =-.

• April 13, 2010 - 2:09 pm | Permalink

gosh!!! i love ayam goreng berempah! I will usually request for more of the rempah and the crispy bits 😀
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Part I of Korea: Photoshoot at Dae Jang Geum Theme Park,Yangjoo Culture Valley =-.

• April 13, 2010 - 3:28 pm | Permalink

not too pricey-are those 2 stalls selling Durians and Chempedak?
    .-= foodbin´s last blog ..NICE SOUP GANG RESTAURANT. =-.

• April 13, 2010 - 3:58 pm | Permalink

Wish her speedy recovery. Famous Menglembu’s twins’ CCF? One of my personal fav, for the PETAI with CCF or nasi lemak is great.
    .-= J2Kfm´s last blog ..Sun And Sun Restaurant @ Bandar Baru Tambun, Ipoh =-.

• April 13, 2010 - 11:18 pm | Permalink

Wow, yummy and affordable!
    .-= LCOM´s last blog ..Chicken Noodle (Shells) Soup =-.

• April 16, 2010 - 10:35 am | Permalink

early morning see the fried chicken is very wrong lei…now hungry..:(
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Mezzanine Bar & Lounge @ Prince Hotel, KL =-.