DIM SUM Grand Imperial Sri Hartamas

gRAND iMPERIAL

We had preached yet another weekend YUM CHA ritual (tea drinking) and this time we had it at Grand Imperial Restaurant located at Sri Hartamas. It was a lovely place to perform the Dim Sum’ing spiritually. The place had a great ambiance, making the experience just full of comfort and having to chopstick into the Chinese tapas cuisine was speechless and enjoyable.

Har Gow
As usual Har Gow will be my first call, the prawn filling was fresh and the skin was at the right texture (not thick) and therefore it was crunchy and very pleasantly tasty, love it! :)

siew mai
Siew Mai (meat dumpling) was gorgeous, the texture was good and there wasn’t any heavy meaty smell. I was done to my liking!

PORRIDGE
A bowl of century egg porridge is a must during a session of dim sum. The porridge was done at the right seasoning and taste, pleasant!

• April 10, 2010 - 11:52 pm | Permalink

OMG I just wanna eat the roast pork!
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..My brand new Iphone 3GS from Digi =-.

• April 11, 2010 - 7:54 am | Permalink

What a lovely spread!! I could use some har gao right about now! Sorry to hear your mom’s been in the hospital, hope she’s well on her way to full recovery. Then you can bring her for dimsum here! :-)

• April 11, 2010 - 8:20 am | Permalink

Just the kind of food I love! Dim Sums are so enjoyable!

• April 11, 2010 - 10:12 pm | Permalink

this remind me I have so long did not go for dim sum, must go one day soon.
    .-= Sonia´s last blog ..Ocean Cup Cakes & Blue Vanilla Buttercream =-.

• April 11, 2010 - 11:56 pm | Permalink

Oh wow, that roast pork looks absolutely delicious. And I would love to have some of those deep fried mushrooms! :P

Glad to hear your mum is getting better.
    .-= Su-yin´s last blog ..A very belated Easter post =-.

• April 12, 2010 - 12:16 am | Permalink

Glad that your mom is recovering well, send my best gets well soon to her. The dim sum looks good too.
    .-= LCOM´s last blog ..Salmon Noodle Soup =-.

• April 12, 2010 - 12:21 am | Permalink

the porridge looks gooood sid!!! :D *drools*
    .-= Jess´s last blog ..Having fun and progress at My Body Secrets! Hopefully I lose MORE weight *evil grin* =-.

• April 12, 2010 - 12:34 pm | Permalink

wishing your mum a full recovery soon! the dim sum pics are making me hungry!
    .-= noobcook´s last blog ..Chrysanthemum Tea Jelly =-.

• April 12, 2010 - 2:32 pm | Permalink

my fav cut of siew yoke, not too fat with crunchy skin…yummy~~
    .-= mimid3vils´s last blog ..Ninja Joe =-.

• April 12, 2010 - 8:27 pm | Permalink

All my favorite dishes!! And Har gao would be my first choice too :)
    .-= Manggy´s last blog ..Bean Curd Cheesecake =-.

• April 12, 2010 - 9:45 pm | Permalink

Everything looks fantastic but that bean curd roll and specially that pork roast is making me drool!
    .-= veron´s last blog ..Thomas Keller’s easy roast chicken =-.