Chef at Work CHEF BONG JUN CHOI Mandarin Oriental Part 1

Lai Po Heen Chef Bong Jun Choi

It had been awesome and I had make up my mind to start featuring a series of cooking posting of many great Master Chefs in Kuala Lumpur. For the first posting I would love to share the secrets from Master Chef Bong Jun Choi with you, of course with the consent of the chef himself. Master Chef Bong Jun Choi is a very well known chinese chef in Kuala Lumpur and had trained many fantastic chefs. Currently he is attached with the award winning Chinese restaurant Lai Po Heen at The Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur. As we are going to celebrate the Chinese New Year, Chef Bong himself had created a few delicious recipes for us. In part 1 we will learn on how to create Steamed Chicken and Abalone Bao & Hand Rolled Aromatic Duck.

• February 10, 2010 - 2:46 pm | Permalink

Wao…so good, can witness and take photos of the chef and the cooking activity. Can bring me to go next time ar? :P
    .-= uLi´s last blog ..Goodbye Raymond and Cya In Melbourne~ =-.

• February 10, 2010 - 2:49 pm | Permalink

Wah lau …. first time see dim sum see fu in action live …. nice experience
    .-= email2me´s last blog ..Avanti Italian-American Ristorante at Sunway Lagoon Resort Hotel For The Love Birds 2010 Valentine Day =-.

• February 10, 2010 - 3:41 pm | Permalink

Wow! Able to taste a great chef’s creation, what a feeling! Yummy! Happy CNY!

• February 10, 2010 - 4:03 pm | Permalink

The food prepared by Chef Bong was just simply awesome!
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Tho Yuen Chicken Rice Restaurant, Penang =-.

• February 10, 2010 - 5:16 pm | Permalink

aiseh..so fast get in action d ah..good also..warm up warm up 1st..keke~
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Society Restaurant @ Kuchai Lama =-.

• February 11, 2010 - 9:24 am | Permalink

I wonder the gloves won’t get melted by the heat during the Pancake Oiless Panfrying…
    .-= allie´s last blog ..A tasty breakfast at Pulau Tikus Market =-.

• February 12, 2010 - 9:18 am | Permalink

How much did you pay for this cooking session?

I am not into cooking but I enjoy food and food photography.
    .-= Mei Teng´s last blog ..Storytelling Photos =-.

• spynet
    February 12, 2010 - 11:09 am | Permalink

Sidney,

Are u missing the pancake dough ingredient? Great write-up. Will definitely check out the place. Thanks. Look forward to other chiefs posting.

• February 13, 2010 - 6:01 pm | Permalink

I didn’t dine at Mandarin Oriental yet!! The one in NYC very mahal!! anyway ,pls reserve spot for me this coming summer..see you this summer!! hehehe!! btw,Gong Hei Fatt Choy to you and Sunny!!
    .-= beachlover´s last blog ..Nian Gao/ Kuih Bakul =-.

• February 20, 2010 - 12:09 pm | Permalink

Brilliant Post, Thanks for sharing the happenings of the kitchen, i think it makes me appreciate food more and the duck pancake looks delicious!! :D

• March 4, 2010 - 8:35 pm | Permalink

I love step-to-step photos~
    .-= cariso´s last blog ..Demax Restaurant (Food Review) =-.