A Creative Recipe from Chef Chandra Arunasalam

hilton1

I can’t resist of not sharing with you this recipe that I stumbled upon, in fact it was my aunt who passed this booklet to me. When I took a glimpse of it, I saw this page with such a creative approached…. a very Malaysian fusion dish. It was this Dosai that caught my eyes and making the pair rolling without spare. “Very inspiring indeed!”, I was looking at myself. Being a Dosai lover, I kept on reading and that’s how I got into knowing this chef by the name of Chef Chandra Arunasalam, ayoung and an exciting chap. The recipe was very interesting that I decided to scan and posted it on my blog!:)

Tosai Hilton
Dosai Rolled Salmon with Tradisional Condiments

• Mei Teng
    February 24, 2010 - 8:57 am | Permalink

Wow…an interesting twist to the regular dosai. And the chef looked like a young man but with 15 years of experience already!

• February 24, 2010 - 9:03 am | Permalink

very fusion feel leh.
    .-= NKOTB´s last blog ..Sun Marpoh Restaurant ?????? =-.

• February 24, 2010 - 9:12 am | Permalink

cool fushion food…really never cross my mind, dosai can be eat with salmon!
    .-= SimpleGirl´s last blog ..Perth Day 1 – Dining @ (A)LURE, Burswood =-.

• February 24, 2010 - 9:36 am | Permalink

Wow I love dosai!!! This recipe looks interesting.. I must try it one day :)
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..Wedding dinner at Sentosa Regency Hotel, Alor Star =-.

• February 24, 2010 - 11:23 am | Permalink

I am not a fancee for Dosai lo…but this one looks delicious oh~
    .-= uLi´s last blog ..Hokkien New Year 2010 =-.

• February 24, 2010 - 12:39 pm | Permalink

So nice to see you cooking (instead of baking) for a change. This looks yummy!
    .-= noobcook´s last blog ..Minimalist Roast Chicken =-.

• February 24, 2010 - 2:17 pm | Permalink

ahhh..this yeng chef from that hotel 1…~
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Authentic food – Restaurant Hailanese Delights @ Hotel 1926, Penang =-.

• February 25, 2010 - 3:55 am | Permalink

The dosai I had in the Indian restaurant here was too sourish. Not sure why.
    .-= LCOM´s last blog ..Rose Konnyaku Jelly =-.

• February 25, 2010 - 5:52 am | Permalink

This sounds so delicious! I would love to try it with tempeh or maybe cooked lentils instead of the fish.
    .-= Hannah´s last blog ..In a Pickle =-.

• February 25, 2010 - 10:49 am | Permalink

this recipe is really eye-opening, suddenly dosai becomes so high class. maybe we can do a sausage roll dosai too. hehehe
    .-= xin´s last blog ..DIY Recipe: Stuffed Yellow Capsicum Boats =-.

• February 25, 2010 - 11:40 am | Permalink

Right ! Modern cuisine if merged with good traditional recipes would be excellent and refreshing ! Continuous improvement is simply great, just like cutting edge technology
    😀
    .-= thebaDderMan´s last blog ..here comes the real iPhone killer ! =-.

• February 25, 2010 - 1:11 pm | Permalink

macam very nice neh!!!! i wan makan also!!!!*-*~
    .-= coco´s last blog ..Life is beautiful ?~* =-.

• February 25, 2010 - 9:54 pm | Permalink

I love dosai and whatever Indian food is out there! Thks for sharing this recipe!
    .-= Petite Nyonya´s last blog ..Semolina/Sugee/Sooji Cake =-.

• February 26, 2010 - 11:52 pm | Permalink

my kind of dish that I would try for sure! thosai with stuffed filling-brilliant!
    .-= daphne´s last blog ..The Hubby’s Birthday Adventure P2- Chocolate Souffle =-.

• February 27, 2010 - 7:47 am | Permalink

I like dosai..esp with good curry gravy for dipping.

• March 1, 2010 - 2:10 am | Permalink

A different, refreshing cuisine!!
    .-= christock´s last blog ..Windows 7 – Death to Vista! =-.

• March 4, 2010 - 9:47 am | Permalink

OMG. This is so, so creative! Who would have thought of marrying dosai with salmon??
    .-= The Little Teochew´s last blog ..Spaghetti Carbonara =-.