Penny’s Macaron Tower by Sunny Yaw

Tamarind Juice at Tamarind Hill Restaurant

While waiting for Penny to arrive at the restaurant, they served me this awesome chilled tamraind juice at the bar. Thank you Tamarind Hill Restaurant (one of the most beautiful and authentic restaurant in the heart of the city of KL), they are so kind!

Penny's Macaron Tower by Sunny Yaw

Well it was definitely a challenge for me especially this week, why you may ask? well I have a wedding collection to prepare (more on that event next post) and yet a few dessert orders to prepare! One of the big project is to deliver the Macaron Tower requested by Penny Soo for her 1st Wedding Anniversary! ;) I just love the challenge set by Penny and I got it done exactly on the dot! (I also scultuped a two tier novelty birthday cake for Markus, who celebrated his one year old yesterday)

Tamarind Hill Restaurant
Tamarind Hill Restaurant

Macaron Tower by Sunny Yaw 1

It took me about 150 pieces of macarons to assemble this tower, it was just awesomely perfect! thanks Penny for the challenge . . . . . . . . . . such a satisfying work accomplished, love Sunny Yaw

• January 10, 2010 - 10:53 am | Permalink

wow..indeed it was great piece of macorons tower..i was so scared that the top was going to fall when go thru bump..keke
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Bagel ‘n’ Coffee Station @ Hartamas Shopping Center =-.

• January 10, 2010 - 12:12 pm | Permalink

I really need to start doing this. I’m sure it’s going to be a hit! this is simply beautiful!
    .-= veron´s last blog ..Puff Pastry – two ways =-.

• January 10, 2010 - 1:04 pm | Permalink

Wow…this is really nice!!
    .-= uLi´s last blog ..uLi~ @Aussino Warehouse Sale =-.

• January 10, 2010 - 1:17 pm | Permalink

Macarons/Macaroons in KL? Where can I get them? The only Macaron I have tasted here is at Sage. After I have been a good boy and finished all my greens I am rewarded with some macarons as part of the petit fours platter. The consistency is not as airy as Ladurèe (nearest branch in Tokyo) or Lenôtre (the nearest branch is in Bangkok), and the ganache is weak, but it does suffice for a quick fix. The office staff are tired of cakes during functions and I thought it would be a good time to introduce them to these little pieces of clouds from heaven.

I hope you can provide me with contact details. Thank you in advance!

• January 10, 2010 - 1:23 pm | Permalink

OMG.. this tower is seriously a tall tower!!
    .-= Jean´s last blog ..Pavilion – Athena Modern Mediterranean Dining ???? =-.

• January 10, 2010 - 6:10 pm | Permalink

this is absolutely beautiful!!! :)
    .-= NKOTB´s last blog ..Grandmama’s =-.

• January 10, 2010 - 8:13 pm | Permalink

What a fabulous looking tower- and 150 macarons? Kudos to your patience!!!

• January 10, 2010 - 9:43 pm | Permalink

Wah, your macarons tower look so impressive !! I also did my 1st success macarons..
    .-= Sonia´s last blog ..Macarons !! =-.

• January 10, 2010 - 9:49 pm | Permalink

Wow amazing job! You actually counted the macarons! LOL
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..Room Eighteen at Mid Valley =-.

• January 11, 2010 - 12:26 am | Permalink

visually appealingg! i wonder how they slice through the macaron tower though.

• January 11, 2010 - 9:33 am | Permalink

nice! maybe can do a macaron twin-tower challenge next time :D
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Christmas Day in Bugis Junction =-.