Morning Breakfast at Eng Loh Cafeteria and Hotel Penang

cafeteria and hotel eng loh

I though I was going to have breakfast at Tiffany but CK Lam brought me to this place called Eng Loh Cafeteria and Hotel for a morning brewed coffee. This coffeechop is one of CK Lam’s favourite due to a good cup of brewed cooffe and a great and very desirable bread toast.

cafeteria and hotel eng loh 1
“It is difficult to resist of not having a cup of good morning coffee”, CK Lam explains.

cafeteria and hotel eng loh 2

I was recommended to have a plate of homemade chinese red wine chicken egg noodle, and it was so gorgeous, very flavorful, tender chicken and crunchy noodles, amazing how beautiful can be found hidden in such places. I was told that the owner herself came from KL and settled in penang here.

cafeteria and hotel eng loh 3

This was what i was waiting for, Indian hot toasted bread top with peanut butter and crushed peanuts, just freaking good! I am amazed of such simple food and yet so delicious and hard to find, truly a heritage toasted bread . . . . I just love it, you better grab a toast if you are in the neighboourhood, me Sunny Yaw!

Kafeteria Dan Hotel Eng Loh
Jalan Gereja (Church Street), Penang
8.00am – 3.00pm Closed on Sunday

• January 8, 2010 - 12:31 am | Permalink

Kopi-O. Oh, how its making me homesick..
    .-= yours deliciously´s last blog ..Leftovers: Black Pepper Pork Ribs with Fried Vermicelli =-.

• January 8, 2010 - 1:03 am | Permalink

Wow, that toast bread looks mighty scrumptious! Good coffee is always welcome!

.-= Rosa´s last blog ..WEEKEND CAT BLOGGING #239 =-.

• January 8, 2010 - 10:07 am | Permalink

Thick Benggali bread, toasted to perfection.
    Perfect! Just that I like my kopi with milk though … :)
    .-= J2Kfm´s last blog ..Michelangelo’s Pizzeria @ Ipoh – Celebrations =-.

• January 8, 2010 - 10:09 am | Permalink

The toast bread here really kick ass!

Thanks for the remind of this place …. it is faded away from my memory 😀
    .-= email2me´s last blog ..Princely Wedding Fair at Prince Hotel and Residence This 9th Jan 2010 =-.

• January 8, 2010 - 10:22 am | Permalink

The roti looks so special le…never try in KL :(
    .-= uLi´s last blog ..Project O2H Begin Soon~ =-.

• January 8, 2010 - 11:19 am | Permalink

never see this type of roti here at KL?
    .-= mimid3vils´s last blog ..Restoran Kah Hing =-.

• January 8, 2010 - 11:41 am | Permalink

i am jealous :(
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Christmas Eve: Of Orchard Road & Soup Restaurant in Singapore =-.

• January 8, 2010 - 12:42 pm | Permalink

i used to go there when i worked nearby …
    .-= Duckie´s last blog ..Soup + Bread = Soup in Bread = Express Soup =-.

• January 8, 2010 - 2:59 pm | Permalink

Wah the toast! With peanut somemore, my absolute favourite!!!
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..Teppanyaki’s Fuji Snow =-.

• January 8, 2010 - 3:54 pm | Permalink

Wah! Cannot tahan looking at the bread anymore! Drooling now!
    .-= allie´s last blog ..Fried Fish Bihun Soup – Allie’s Favourite =-.

• January 8, 2010 - 4:39 pm | Permalink

toast!!! i want
    .-= ai wei´s last blog ..Triple celebrations @ Max @ iHaus =-.

• January 8, 2010 - 5:07 pm | Permalink

That toast makes me so hungry since I did not take lunch today..
    .-= Sonia´s last blog ..Durian Ice Cream =-.

• January 8, 2010 - 5:25 pm | Permalink

damm…how i wish to have that toast in the morning..
    but how come didnt ask me go ah…sei yeh!!!!
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Bagel ‘n’ Coffee Station @ Hartamas Shopping Center =-.

• January 9, 2010 - 1:31 pm | Permalink

just love to have breakfast like this! yummy!
    .-= Christine´s last blog ..Malones, Irish Restaurant & Bar @ KLCC =-.

• January 9, 2010 - 5:25 pm | Permalink

i never eat the indian hot toasted roti before norhx!!must try d!!XD~*
    .-= coco´s last blog ..LET’s ROCK THE PARTY!!!!!~* =-.

• January 9, 2010 - 11:17 pm | Permalink

I like the bread very much and the other foods served in this coffee shop are nice too. Such as Wantan Mee. lol
    .-= FoOd PaRaDiSe´s last blog ..Ho Ping @ Kampung Malabar, Penang =-.

• January 9, 2010 - 11:21 pm | Permalink

Agreed with CK, I also need a cup of coffee to wake me up every morning. The Indian bread looks great! I’ll definitely go there in my next Pg trip. 😉
    .-= food-4tots´s last blog ..Cheesy cookies =-.

• January 10, 2010 - 10:13 am | Permalink

Oh my, noodles for breakfast! That sounds sooooo good!
    .-= veron´s last blog ..Puff Pastry – two ways =-.

• lotus tan
    January 10, 2010 - 11:21 pm | Permalink

i love the braed top .. it i go penang on this week will try

• January 11, 2010 - 12:48 pm | Permalink

Wow … the toast bread looks special … what is the name of this “Indian hot toasted bread top with peanut butter and crushed peanuts” dish?

• January 16, 2010 - 2:06 am | Permalink

This is my favorite place as well. Everything there is good! My favorite breakfast is still the Roti Taiwan with lots of crunchy crushed peanuts, just like the one you had ordered. Drooling for more now… 😛
    .-= Criz Lai´s last blog ..SIMPLY DELICIOUS HOMECOOKED KOREAN MEAL AT SA RANG CHAE =-.