Chinese New Year Celebration Tai Zhi Heen Prince Hotel

Chinese New Year Celebration Tai Zhi Heen

Wow! A year had passed in such a hurry and in a few weeks time we will be gearing ourself in full to usher the year of the Tiger. Yes it’s the Chinese New Year celebration! You maybe wondering what some of us foodies will be doing this coming days. Well definitely we will be indulging the traditional spread of “Yee Sang”.

This year we started our first “Yee Sang” at the most exciting Chinese restaurant, the Tai Zhi Heen at Prince Hotel. I just love the food designed and prepared by master Chef Ricky Thein, creative, innovative and his dishes are always very exciting and full of pleasure.

Chinese New Year Celebration Tai Zhi Heen Yee Sang 1Chinese New Year Celebration Tai Zhi Heen Yee Sang 3
Chinese New Year Celebration Tai Zhi Heen Yee Shang 4 Chinese New Year Celebration Tai Zhi Heen Yee Sang 2
‘Ying-Yang Yee Sang’ (Tuna and Salmon Roulade)

“Yee Sang” or ” Lou Sang” had been ever popular in Malaysia since I was young and now it had been a norm in every Chinese New Year dinner, just awesome. This popular dish consist of variety of mixture of thinny sliced fruits, vegetables, crackers topped with sliced raw fish and drizzled with spices and sweet fruity sauce, I would say it is a typical salad but prepared in the chinese way.

This time Tai Zhi Heen offered the Tuna and Salmon Roulade “Yee Sang”, gorgeous I would place it. I was beautifully prepared, attracive colours.

Chinese New Year Celebration Tai Zhi Heen Braised Pearl Shark FIn's
‘Braised Pearl Shark Fin’s with Fish Maw in Supreme Golden Broth’

If you want to have a bowl of a tip top broth, I would recommend you to order a bowl from Tai Zhi Heen, I had one and it was superb! It was the well double boiled superior broth that made it so special and delicious. Here, the broth was presented in a attractive golden in colour. The taste was done to excellent, while the fish maw was soft and tender, just perfect.

• January 22, 2010 - 2:03 pm | Permalink

oh dear! the cod fish! ahh the good time fighting for the fish *yum yum*
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Friend’s Engangement and VADS Annual Dinner 2009 =-.

• January 22, 2010 - 2:19 pm | Permalink

Wah…you so fast got low sang dy ar…good le. Btw, the salmon looks great =)
    .-= uLi´s last blog ..Parcel from Mybbshop Boutique =-.

• January 22, 2010 - 3:26 pm | Permalink

how much does the meal cost?
    .-= foodbin´s last blog ..Restoran Foon Lock-2 Visit.. =-.

• January 22, 2010 - 3:32 pm | Permalink

KL, too far for me, I’m looking somewhere near Subang or PJ with my makan gang during CNY.
    .-= Sonia´s last blog ..Kuih Bangkit – Try my best !! =-.

• January 22, 2010 - 3:33 pm | Permalink

wish to have it all!!! yummy yummy!
    .-= NKOTB´s last blog ..Home Cooked Chili Crabs =-.

• January 22, 2010 - 9:49 pm | Permalink

I rarely come across hasma these days. Aaah…I miss having it!
    .-= Bangsar-bAbE´s last blog ..Country Farm Organics @ Bangsar Village =-.

• January 22, 2010 - 11:42 pm | Permalink

All that food looks amazing – especially the yee sang and the fish! I only wish it was in Penang so I could have it when I go home, hehe.
    .-= Su-yin´s last blog ..A birthday cake (and some food) =-.

• January 23, 2010 - 12:45 am | Permalink

WOW, envy lah, so fast get to eat yee sang and enjoy the CNY dishes already!
    .-= LCOM´s last blog ..Pandan Sesame Pizzelle Cookies =-.

• January 23, 2010 - 4:26 am | Permalink

What a fun meal! Everything look so bright, colorful, and festive! :)_
    .-= Hannah´s last blog ..Gone, but Not Forgotten =-.

• January 23, 2010 - 6:55 am | Permalink

That is a fabulous meal! lovely food!

.-= Rosa´s last blog ..TURKISH COFFEE – CAFÉ TURC =-.

• January 23, 2010 - 11:43 am | Permalink

wah so early you “lao yu sheng” already. all the food looks fantastic!

• January 24, 2010 - 11:11 pm | Permalink

i wanttt coddd fish!!!
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Scuba TV =-.

• January 25, 2010 - 1:54 pm | Permalink

the batter of the prawns seem like quite thick lor..
    .-= mimid3vils´s last blog ..Dai Chow @ Jalan Ipoh =-.