MENG KEE CHAR SIEW Shah Alam

Meng Kee Char Siew 3

Fine cut of pork belly carefully tenderised and marinated with thick laced of maltose, hoi sin sauce and seasoning are the basic method of making a good piece of Char Siew. But what makes Meng Kee’s so special?

Meng Kee Char Siew 5

A lot of people may know how to indulge a good pieces of Char Siew but not many would know the secret of making a great Char Siew, the secret lies on the texture with awesome succulent taste! A great careful selection of a soft and tender piece of pork belly is needed, layered of lean meat and fat. A good piece may not need to be tenderised but tenderising is important, preferable the use of natural tenderising such as pineapple juice and even to the extend of using papaya. I definitely will stay away from using chemical meat tenderiser which don’t jive with me. Tenderising the meat will give the melting fat texture to the Char Siew.

Meng Kee Char Siew 6

As for Meng Kee, I recalled it was also the technique of roasting that had won many hearts while indulging their Char Siew. Reroasting and redipping into the marinated sauce process was also the secret of achievement the ulitimate Char Siew.

As for me my preference, the perfect piece of Char Siew must have at least some burn on it which stain the burning aroma and fragranance. I just love Meng Kee’s Char Siew as they able to retain the great texture of the Char Siew, soft, tender rather not too soft(not too over tenderised) and the juicyness of the sweet caramel sauce lingering over the piece of well roasted pork belly.

Not to forget, Sunny just love their Roasted Sausage (Siew Cheong), leaned and with a hint of chinese wine in taste. Definitely a winner to me!

Meng Kee Char Siew 4

To spice up the meal, Meng Kee here also served roast chicken and poached chicken. I found both was acceptable but other apecialised chicken rice shops can taste better.

Meng Kee Char Siew 7

Meng Kee’s Char Siew is defitely on my top list as I find it’s meat texture was good, not overly tenderised and the caramelised char siew sauce that lingered around the meat was just terrific!

Meng Kee’s Char Siew is defintely the NO.1 and the BEST Char Siew in town . . . . . . . . . I am a true believer in food, Sid.

Meng Kee Char Siew Restaurant
20, Jalan Pekedai U1/36
Hicom Glenmarie Industrial Park Shah Alam
Tel No: 019 – 379 3629

• December 30, 2009 - 2:34 pm | Permalink

Fuyoh!~ so hoh liau anot..
    never invite la!
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Sticks Fire Bistro @ Queesbay Mall, Penang =-.

• Danny
    December 30, 2009 - 2:57 pm | Permalink

Ha!Ha! I knew someone is going to blog on this Meng Kee, never knew is u guys. Living round the neighbourhood ,finding non-halal food is tough , Meng Kee is a blessing for us here. It amased me u guys can find the place(they closed on sundays). 100% agreed on yr commend…heavenly char siew…addictable.
    There,s also another char siew as good if not better in Jalan Peel, cheras (near Queen kopitiam not far from Carrefore).
    Yes, papaya (or the leaves) is a better way of tenderising meat, i use it in my barbecue too. Long live char siew and Happy New Year !

• December 30, 2009 - 5:38 pm | Permalink

WAH.. the BEST char siew??? I must try this one day liao… I love char siew also!!!
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bau =-.

• December 30, 2009 - 5:46 pm | Permalink

NO.1 and the BEST Char Siew in town !! I wan to try it soon

• December 30, 2009 - 6:18 pm | Permalink

the best char siu?? should have told you am in town, hor?
    .-= NKOTB´s last blog ..Blue Reef =-.

• December 30, 2009 - 8:34 pm | Permalink

I love eating the siew cheong too! I think 747 in Aman Suria is also very good…but I haven’t compared these two side by side, so I can’t be sure. =P

Happy New Year!
    .-= Bangsar-bAbE´s last blog ..Alamanda Putrajaya Part 2 – I want a Pullman Suite! =-.

• December 31, 2009 - 10:01 am | Permalink

My colleagues and I used to patronized Meng Kee @ Jln Alor and certainly they serves the best char siew and siew cheong in town!
    .-= Foodntravella´s last blog ..HATYAI, THAILAND – CRYSTAL ISLAND, LOTUS FLOWER LAKE & DINNER =-.

• December 31, 2009 - 10:10 am | Permalink

how sad…i haven’t tried this no. 1 char siew in town…should i put this in my wish list of 2010….
    Happy New Year 2010!!!
    .-= SimpleGirl´s last blog ..Soup noodle stall@Perak Lane,Penang =-.

• December 31, 2009 - 10:54 am | Permalink

Happy New Year and see you in 2010 !!
    .-= Sonia´s last blog ..Surroundings, Hong Kong =-.

• December 31, 2009 - 12:01 pm | Permalink

what is the black black thing next to the char siew ar? looks very…errrr
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010! =-.

• December 31, 2009 - 10:23 pm | Permalink

I tried this! but I think the one at Tengkat Tong Shin is better, although they should be the same…happy new year to both of you too!
    .-= pigpigscorner´s last blog ..The Year 2009 =-.

• lotus tan