MENG KEE CHAR SIEW Shah Alam

Meng Kee Char Siew

Over the Christmas weekend we dropped by Glenmarie Shah Alam for lunch hunt after dropping some Christmas cake orders at Subang Jaya. Glenmarie is an industrial park and finding food can be a great task but surprisingly on my ‘must eat list” was Meng Kee Char Siew, Meng Kee’s sweet roasted pork.

Meng Kee Char Siew 1

Meng Kee Char Siew started off famously at Tengkat Tong Shin Road, KL and recently moved to nearby Alor Kopitiam, Alor Road while the Shah Alam one is a branch outlet.

Meng Kee Char Siew 2

Meng Kee’s Char Siew is rather unique, busty with refine unique Char Siew flavour and roasted to perfection. I would say Meng Kee’s Char Siew is not an average sweet roast pork that you can get in any neighbourhood, Meng Kee’s specialty Char Siew will definitely be on my Heritage Food List! ;)

• December 30, 2009 - 2:34 pm | Permalink

Fuyoh!~ so hoh liau anot..
    never invite la!
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Sticks Fire Bistro @ Queesbay Mall, Penang =-.

• Danny
    December 30, 2009 - 2:57 pm | Permalink

Ha!Ha! I knew someone is going to blog on this Meng Kee, never knew is u guys. Living round the neighbourhood ,finding non-halal food is tough , Meng Kee is a blessing for us here. It amased me u guys can find the place(they closed on sundays). 100% agreed on yr commend…heavenly char siew…addictable.
    There,s also another char siew as good if not better in Jalan Peel, cheras (near Queen kopitiam not far from Carrefore).
    Yes, papaya (or the leaves) is a better way of tenderising meat, i use it in my barbecue too. Long live char siew and Happy New Year !

• December 30, 2009 - 5:38 pm | Permalink

WAH.. the BEST char siew??? I must try this one day liao… I love char siew also!!!
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bau =-.

• December 30, 2009 - 5:46 pm | Permalink

NO.1 and the BEST Char Siew in town !! I wan to try it soon

• December 30, 2009 - 6:18 pm | Permalink

the best char siu?? should have told you am in town, hor?
    .-= NKOTB´s last blog ..Blue Reef =-.

• December 30, 2009 - 8:34 pm | Permalink

I love eating the siew cheong too! I think 747 in Aman Suria is also very good…but I haven’t compared these two side by side, so I can’t be sure. =P

Happy New Year!
    .-= Bangsar-bAbE´s last blog ..Alamanda Putrajaya Part 2 – I want a Pullman Suite! =-.

• December 31, 2009 - 10:01 am | Permalink

My colleagues and I used to patronized Meng Kee @ Jln Alor and certainly they serves the best char siew and siew cheong in town!
    .-= Foodntravella´s last blog ..HATYAI, THAILAND – CRYSTAL ISLAND, LOTUS FLOWER LAKE & DINNER =-.

• December 31, 2009 - 10:10 am | Permalink

how sad…i haven’t tried this no. 1 char siew in town…should i put this in my wish list of 2010….
    Happy New Year 2010!!!
    .-= SimpleGirl´s last blog ..Soup noodle stall@Perak Lane,Penang =-.

• December 31, 2009 - 10:54 am | Permalink

Happy New Year and see you in 2010 !!
    .-= Sonia´s last blog ..Surroundings, Hong Kong =-.

• December 31, 2009 - 12:01 pm | Permalink

what is the black black thing next to the char siew ar? looks very…errrr
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010! =-.

• December 31, 2009 - 10:23 pm | Permalink

I tried this! but I think the one at Tengkat Tong Shin is better, although they should be the same…happy new year to both of you too!
    .-= pigpigscorner´s last blog ..The Year 2009 =-.

• lotus tan