HOR POH YUEN The Hakka Affair

Ho Poh Yuen 1

We are now in Penang conducting my cake decorating class and Ben Beh at moment is conducting his artisan bread baking with his students, Penang is always beautiful and vibrant . . . I just love being here great food and lovely people.

This morning while I was having my breakfast coffee and reading the morning papers Quang Ming and guess what, I was featured on Christmas ginger cookies. It was so awesome . . .will post about later when I am back in KL.

Ho Poh Yuen

Yesterday I dine with my some of may friend here in Pnang and we were havinga very authentic Thai home cooking cuisine and the location itself was so awesomely amazing special to my thoughts. Anyway I will post about it soon and defintely a place you have to try at least once! Anyway there is another hidden heritage food that I was invited to dine a month back located at Segambut, a Hakka Affair @ Ho Poh Yuen.

Ho Poh Yuen Food Spread

• December 20, 2009 - 4:35 pm | Permalink

Yum yum I want to eat the dumplings! 😛
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..Princely Wedding Fair 2010 =-.

• December 20, 2009 - 6:02 pm | Permalink

Yup, not as authentic as Hakka cuisine can be. But still, very delicious stuff. Esp that claypot of prawns.
    .-= J2Kfm´s last blog ..T.O.S Coffee Bistro @ De Garden, Ipoh =-.

• December 20, 2009 - 6:59 pm | Permalink

What gorgeous food! Everything looks really scrumptious and tasty!

.-= Rosa´s last blog ..BUSY… =-.

• December 20, 2009 - 7:33 pm | Permalink

wow… yummy hakka foods.
    .-= FoOd PaRaDiSe´s last blog ..Hai Boey Seafood @ Gertak Sanggul, Penang =-.

• December 20, 2009 - 10:27 pm | Permalink

I haven’t tried Lui Cha before, is it something like you love it or the other way round?
    .-= Little Inbox´s last blog ..White House White Coffee Restaurant @ Tesco Extra Seberang Jaya =-.

• December 21, 2009 - 12:51 am | Permalink

i miss Hakka Abacus Beads… tried in Melacca once before
    .-= purpleserenity´s last blog ..UK Chapter – Fish n Chips @ Lobster Pot =-.

• December 21, 2009 - 9:50 am | Permalink

I love lui cha! Afterall I’m a hakka :)
    .-= allie´s last blog ..Sweet and Crispy Deep Fried Banana Fritters =-.

• December 21, 2009 - 9:59 am | Permalink

hmmm, must ask mummy to make me Abacus Beads! yay
    .-= ai wei´s last blog ..Sek Me Choy BKT ???????? @ Salak South =-.

• December 21, 2009 - 11:07 am | Permalink

i am hakka too! love our lui char and braised pork 😀
    *proud*
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Personalize your own Wedding – Princely Wedding Fair 2010 @ Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur =-.

• December 21, 2009 - 2:43 pm | Permalink

I seldom come across abacus beads these days. Must go look for this place already…since the food is affordable. =)

• December 21, 2009 - 7:52 pm | Permalink

The dishes looks good! I’ve not been to Segambut :(
    .-= Christine´s last blog ..The Birthday: Sek Yuen @ Jalan Pudu & Surprises! =-.

• December 21, 2009 - 11:17 pm | Permalink

I love Hakka lui car !!
    .-= Sonia´s last blog ..Homemade durian pancakes =-.

• December 21, 2009 - 11:53 pm | Permalink

Every dish looks so inviting…especially the abacus beads :)
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Hainanese Delights Restaurant @ 1926 Heritage Hotel Penang =-.

• December 23, 2009 - 9:15 am | Permalink

Looks like time to visit already. 😀 I stay quite nearby and have been to a few shops in Sri Sinar but missing this.
    .-= goldfries´s last blog ..Yellow Cab Pizza =-.