Happy Birthday Auntie Lai Ming

Auntie Lai Meng & Norvana Signing

Auntie Lai Ming who was famous and known for her acting in “Empat Sekawan” (Four Great Friends) even when I was very young. Over her 50 years of dedication in acting, Auntie Lai Ming recently this year was nominated for the best Supporting Actress in the prestigious Golden Horse Awards 2008 for her excellent protrayal of a dedicated mother who gives a lot of love to her children in the movie “Money No Enough 2″. This movie is one of my favourite and also a must watch movie if you have not do so. :)

So recently NV Multi Coperation Berhad’s Nirvana had appointed Auntie Lai Ming to become the ambassador to promote good virtues to cultivate a loving and caring society. As the ambassador, Auntie Lai Ming had recently completed one three-minute-long television commercial and five short radio commercial that reflect Nirvana’s core values and promote filial piety. The commercials have already started airing on 988 radio station and Astro’s Wah Lai Toi’s channel.

Auntie Lai Meng Birthday Celebration
988 Programming Director Tan Chia Yong, Auntie Lai Ming, Dato’ Kong Hon Kong along with other guests at the signing ceremony celebrating Auntie Lai Ming’s birthday

During the signing ceremony that officiated Auntie Lai Ming’s role as the ambassador, Nirvana had celebrated Auntie Lai Ming’s 82 years old birthday by having a birthday cake cutting celebration.

Auntie Lai Meng Birthday Cake

Auntie Lai Ming’s Birthday Cake was sculptured and designed by myself, a 3kg Passion Fruit Moussecake.

Auntie Lai Meng & Sunny Yaw
Myself with Auntie Lai Ming

I was awesome that I get to meet up with my all time favourite celebrity actress Auntie Lai Ming and having such an opportunity to sculpture her a birthday cake . . . . . just a fantastic experience, an excited Sunny Yaw!:)

• November 3, 2009 - 11:44 am | Permalink

wow!!! I don’t know what to say?! :)
    .-= NKOTB´s last blog ..Kim Tavern =-.

• November 3, 2009 - 1:39 pm | Permalink

u have turn soon to be a upcoming celebrity chef soon liau~
    hehehe..proud of you man~
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Restaurant Leong Ya @ Balakong, Seri Kembangan =-.

• November 3, 2009 - 2:25 pm | Permalink

Never thought you are a fan of this pioneer diva!
    .-= Foodntravella´s last blog ..THE WINNER IS….. =-.

• November 3, 2009 - 2:41 pm | Permalink

Great job Sunny! Very pretty and meaningful cake :)
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..More pictures of ROM =-.

• November 3, 2009 - 2:54 pm | Permalink

niceeeee! i love the movie ‘$ not enough’, really really touchy.
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Guess & Win 2 =-.

• November 3, 2009 - 4:45 pm | Permalink

haha, congrats for being in the limelight again.
    passionfruit cake sounds good, something tangy to satisfy even the elderly.
    .-= J2Kfm´s last blog ..Kanna Curry House (Banana Leaf Rice) @ Section 17, Petaling Jaya =-.

• November 3, 2009 - 5:03 pm | Permalink

My favourite aunt. Its amazing that she looks almost the same since the 4 Sekawan days.

• November 4, 2009 - 7:33 am | Permalink

I remember her from a detergent ad :P
    .-= tigerfish´s last blog ..Bok Choy with Carrots and Shitake Mushrooms =-.

• November 4, 2009 - 9:08 am | Permalink

wow. That’s amazing!
    .-= allie´s last blog ..Best Char Koay Kak in Penang! =-.

• Danny
    November 4, 2009 - 11:37 am | Permalink

Good job,Sunny! The cake suited the occasion well. Lai Meng a.k.a Ah Si Gu was the favorite actress in 4sekawan for my whole family during the 70s,being Hakka helps.The show, in black n white featured lots of hilarious lines,local culture,current event and familiar personalities have brought many happy moments for many that time. Current local production that imitate Hong Kong drama makes me puke. I remember watching a local chinese drama that featured a teacher teaching her students in Cantonese ! My god ! when will they ever learn from Jack Neo movies like ‘Money No Enought’.

• November 5, 2009 - 1:46 am | Permalink

I have been a fan of Lai Ming since I was a kid during the Empat Sekawan days!

• November 5, 2009 - 7:08 am | Permalink

congratulation!! pretty cake!

• November 5, 2009 - 7:07 pm | Permalink

She is 82 already?! I didn’t know. Amazing how she could look younger than her age :) Nice work Sunny! the ‘sau pao’ cake looks great! lined up with strawberries summore :)
    .-= Christine´s last blog ..Barcelona, Spain Part 3: Sagrada Familia, Park Güell, Tramvia Blau- Tibidabo & Paella =-.

• November 7, 2009 - 11:38 pm | Permalink

Auntie Lai Ming is also my all-time favourite actress. I grew up watching her shows. What an awesome birthday cake!
    .-= food-4tots´s last blog ..Okra with tomato sauce =-.

• November 9, 2009 - 12:49 am | Permalink

Awwwww~~~~~”Shou bi nan shan”, this is so cool! I might have to replicate it for gram’s birthday!
    .-= Vi´s last blog ..Macarons au Chocolat-Mangue ~ ?????????? =-.

• cat
    October 5, 2010 - 1:12 pm | Permalink

wow! Aunty Lai Ming looks so young at the age of 82. all my family mbrs watched 4 sekawan in the 70s.

• December 21, 2010 - 9:26 am | Permalink

Aunt Lai Ming will love your cake for sure.
    Jessica´s last blog post ..Dong Zhi Winter Solstice