The Art of Making Mooncake with Big Boys Oven

Sesame Seeds (toasted) 150g
Lemon Leaves (chopped) 8 pc
Olive Kernels (toasted) 300g

Filling 2
Ginger (shreded & colored with red coloring) 32.5g
Rose Syrup 150g
Water 3/4 bowl (Chinese bowl)
Shochu 3 spoon
Cooking Oil 1/2 bowl(Chinese bowl)
Maltose Syrup 1/2 bowl(Chinese bowl)

• August 18, 2009 - 7:46 am | Permalink

Home made moon cake can control the sweetness….. good!!!
    .-= New Kid On The Blog´s last blog ..New Secret Restaurant ???????? =-.

• August 18, 2009 - 8:03 am | Permalink

Agree with NKOTB. Can control the sweetness. Some are too sweets for my liking. lol
    .-= FoOd PaRaDiSe´s last blog ..Road Side Hakwer Stall in front of Honda @ Jalan Sungai Pinang, Penang =-.

• August 18, 2009 - 8:17 am | Permalink

so, she has jumped on your guys’ bandwagon as well? :)

• August 18, 2009 - 9:03 am | Permalink

seems easy, but in fact tedious process…that’s why nowadays the mooncake out there are highly priced…try making one, we’ll know it ya!!!
    .-= SimpleGirl´s last blog ..Bee Home Cafe @Taman Ipoh Perdana =-.

• August 18, 2009 - 9:04 am | Permalink

Thanks for this post! Mooncakes like marshmallow I thought you just bought :). Never thought you can make this at home!
    .-= veron´s last blog ..Crossroads… =-.

• August 18, 2009 - 9:21 am | Permalink

That’s a real thin layer of skin. But I prefer pandan lotus paste filling :)
    .-= allie´s last blog ..Ah Basri Satay @ Sungai Ara =-.

• August 18, 2009 - 9:33 am | Permalink

Wow… mooncake! Wonderful!
    .-= Selba´s last blog ..Tukang Siomay (steamed fish cake man) =-.

• August 18, 2009 - 9:46 am | Permalink

Wow … vegetarian mooncake look more interesting than conventional ones 😀
    .-= email2me´s last blog ..Nikonian Academy at Kota Damansara, The Professional Photography Training Center =-.

• August 18, 2009 - 11:19 am | Permalink

I can only drool and marvel … This is beyond my level of competence, haha
    .-= noobcook´s last blog ..Lemon Shandy =-.

• August 18, 2009 - 12:19 pm | Permalink

hvnt try mooncake. must ask my mum to ‘examine’ on mooncake and i will be her helper liao…
    .-= ai wei´s last blog ..Memorable Birthday 09 Part 3: Mini Uhu! hu! from The Loaf @ Pavilion KL =-.

• August 18, 2009 - 4:04 pm | Permalink

Incredible. Like some bacon in it but this vegetarian! Very nice and hope to do it one day….
    .-= Chin´s last blog ..Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa Kg Baru – Melati Utama =-.

• August 18, 2009 - 4:48 pm | Permalink

Eh you still owe me a mooncake! LOL :)
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..Loong’s Grill Fish =-.

• August 18, 2009 - 5:11 pm | Permalink

the mooncake is nice!!! so is vegetarian food. it totally changed my mindset towards vegetarian food. now i dont have vegetarian-phobia anymore 😀
    .-= xin´s last blog ..SloppyChic on BestFoodJunction Mag July and Sate Kajang Hj Samuri =-.

• August 18, 2009 - 11:57 pm | Permalink

Vegetarian food is delicious! But I don’t like filling 1 mooncake. 😛
    .-= Little Corner of Mine´s last blog ..Cantaloupe Sago Summer Drink =-.

• August 19, 2009 - 9:30 am | Permalink

Very skillfully done with such thin skin. Sure love to get some for the family.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Bak Kut Teh @ Song River, Gurney Drive =-.

• August 20, 2009 - 12:06 pm | Permalink

It looks like someone stepped on your tail again. Morning!
    .-= superwilson´s last blog ..Bangsar Seafood Garden Restaurant Food Review @ One Bangsar =-.

• August 21, 2009 - 1:56 am | Permalink

I love eating this mixed nuts mooncake! Been years since I had them as not many places make good ones anymore. I haven’t been able to find it in S’pore as most mooncakes here are commercialized with new flavors like durian, kopi, chocolate etc… Wish I was there in KL when your team did this demo.
    .-= npm´s last blog ..Steamed Chicken Curry Noodles =-.

• August 25, 2009 - 5:18 pm | Permalink

i don’t like the mix nuts mooncake…but like the mooncake with matcha flavor…

• August 26, 2009 - 3:10 am | Permalink

Mooncakes are just fascinating… I’ve never made nor eaten one, but I can’t help but admire their beauty all the same!
    .-= Hannah´s last blog ..Growing like Weeds =-.