REVERSE APPLE TART – Big Boys Oven Sweet Dessert

apple2

Sunny Yaw Apple Pie 2

Method

1. Preheat oven to 180C(350F).
2. Place the sifted flour onto theworking surface, make a hole in the centre then add in eggs, sugar, butter and lemon rinds, mix well.
3. Knead the dough gently and do not over mix. Place the dough in a bowl , covered with damped towel and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. Add in ingredient B in a pan to prepare the caremel. Bring to boil, stir and cook till the liquid is lightly browned. Pour the caramel in the tart pan. (28cm diameter)
5. Peel the apple and cut into wedges. Place them on the tart panober the caramel.
6. Roll out the dough to form a circle about 28mm diameter and about 4mm thick. Cover the roll out dough over the apples.
7. Bake the tart for 35-40minutes.
8. Remove the tart from the pan before the caramel is harden. Slice the tart intodesire portion and place in a serviing dish.
Suggestion: Serve the tart with vanilla ice cream.

apple3

I had fun baking this apple tart, simple and delicious. Most of the ingredients are easy available therefore it will not be an excuse of not baking this tart at home . . . . . I did it, love Sunny Yaw

• August 11, 2009 - 10:36 am | Permalink

I can’t wait for apples to come back in season now… This tart is so tempting!

• August 11, 2009 - 11:42 am | Permalink

i like red tomato papers!!!
    .-= ai wei´s last blog ..Memorable Birthday 09 Part 2: Kampachi @ Pavilion KL =-.

• August 11, 2009 - 2:11 pm | Permalink

cool recipe…i wish to try making it! thanks!
    .-= SimpleGirl´s last blog ..Seafood@ Kg Cina, Setiawan =-.

• August 11, 2009 - 4:08 pm | Permalink

I like the thin crust layer you’ve got thr :)
    Will try it out one day when the lazy worms in my body crawl out 😛
    .-= allie´s last blog ..Cia Xiang Seafood Restaurant | Penang Restaurant =-.

• August 11, 2009 - 5:36 pm | Permalink

What a healthy dessert you intro. Yummy!
    .-= email2me´s last blog ..Nikonian Academy at Kota Damansara, The Professional Photography Training Center =-.

• August 11, 2009 - 8:31 pm | Permalink

yummm… I want to have a slice of it!
    .-= Selba´s last blog ..Tukang Es Goyang (shake popsicle) =-.

• August 11, 2009 - 8:55 pm | Permalink

A beautiful Tatin Tart! Yummy!

• August 11, 2009 - 11:06 pm | Permalink

Oh i get to see your handsome face in the photo!!
    .-= Jaden´s last blog ..Broccoli Beef Noodle Stir Fry =-.

• August 11, 2009 - 11:58 pm | Permalink

Love apple desserts. Will definitely be making this, once fall begins.

• August 12, 2009 - 12:02 am | Permalink

What a scrumptious tart!
    .-= KennyT´s last blog ..Xi Yan East =-.

• August 12, 2009 - 7:46 am | Permalink

Your tart looks fantastic! Great way to use apples too.
    .-= lisaiscooking´s last blog ..Pink Margarita Slushes and Fried Okra =-.

• August 12, 2009 - 8:26 pm | Permalink

Wow, what a lovely, lovely apple tart. I like the caramelised color and the way you presented it. Must be really nice! You are a very talented Chef!
    .-= npm´s last blog ..Fruity Pie =-.

• August 12, 2009 - 10:23 pm | Permalink

apple tart! nice.. and Sunny on newspaper again! That’s great boys!
    .-= Christine´s last blog ..Chakri Xpress @ Alamanda, Putrajaya =-.

• August 12, 2009 - 10:55 pm | Permalink

Ahem, I wonder if we eat your apple tarts will we get trimmed down too? 😛
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..I finally won my first Lucky draw =-.

• August 14, 2009 - 11:48 pm | Permalink

ooo yum! Sounds very healthy, can I have the whole tart then.
    .-= pigpigscorner´s last blog ..Daring Cooks – Rice with Mushrooms, Squid & Artichokes =-.

• November 23, 2009 - 12:14 am | Permalink

That is a gorgeous Tarte Tartin! I make it very often too since my hub is French :-)

Never thought of using green apples though, for some reason we either wait for the Reinette apples to come in season or we won’t do the tart.

Next time I’ll try with green apples. Thanks!
    .-= Beaulotus´s last blog ..Pao di Queijo (Brazilian Cheese Bread) =-.