Restaurant Krua Thai – Kepong Thai Cuisine

Restoran Krua Thai

Upon arriving at this place makes you feel such at home, just like the restaurant next door, lots of pots of green fern nicely decorated in front of this shop. Driving along Taman Usahawan, Kepong you will able to observe a great number of restaurants on food fiesta offering and that night along with Ken Chan and Sid, we decided to opt for Thai food and we spotted Krua Thai meaning Thai kitchen. In fact we heard about this place through reading recommendation by numerous blogs and that had assured us that the food served here will entertain us for sure.

Restoran Krua Thai Mango Salad
Restoran Krua Thai’s Mango Salad

Let me cut it short and let me dived into the dinner, the dishes we ordered were incredible delicious and so sexy spicy! “The more you eat , the more you want” and at some stage it was just like chasing the dragon during the indulging of the Tom Yam. We did not bother of having any starters, straight headed for our main course and the first dish place on the table was the mango salad. It was so well taste and with lots of texture, sourness sweet from the half ripe mango, crunchy “ikan bilis” and drizzle with hot chilly sauce. Overall it was good and exciting but would advice to eat it faster and not letting it out too long as it may turn soggy and the mango may not be as crunchy as before.

• August 13, 2009 - 5:43 am | Permalink

I’m a great fan of Thai food too, thanks for sharing. Im so wanting to try that omelette! It looks heavenly.
    .-= KennyT´s last blog ..Cafe Hue Vietnamese Restaurant =-.

• August 13, 2009 - 8:12 am | Permalink

wow…. all the foods look awesome.
    .-= FoOd PaRaDiSe´s last blog ..Red Bali Seafood Restaurant Sdn Bhd @ Ayer Itam, Penang =-.

• August 13, 2009 - 8:25 am | Permalink

Wonderful Thai food! Must be really delicious….
    .-= Selba´s last blog ..Tukang Es Goyang (shake popsicle) =-.

• August 13, 2009 - 8:53 am | Permalink

me too, love thai food, the spiciness, the tom yam!!!i realy enjoy the Thai Style Steamed Fish, unbeatable!!!
    .-= SimpleGirl´s last blog ..Seafood@ Kg Cina, Setiawan =-.

• August 13, 2009 - 9:45 am | Permalink

I miss the food here a lot! Yet I feel so guilty. Been in my back log for so long 😛 Not able to write about it yet
    .-= email2me´s last blog ..Nikonian Academy at Kota Damansara, The Professional Photography Training Center =-.

• August 13, 2009 - 10:02 am | Permalink

wow food looks good. i like mango salad .. the mixture of sour and spicy .. yummmm
    .-= Duckie´s last blog ..Duckie’s deep fried potato & fish cakes =-.

• August 13, 2009 - 10:37 am | Permalink

I love Malaysian Thai food and the food look delicious.
    .-= Little Corner of Mine´s last blog ..Steamed Tofu with Minced Meat =-.

• August 13, 2009 - 10:50 am | Permalink

Been there once, had the fish too, love the soup :)

PS: Don’t know they serve free dessert?
    .-= mimid3vils´s last blog ..Potluck =-.

• August 13, 2009 - 11:30 am | Permalink

The clear soup tom yam so delicious. Don’t quite fancy the red ones. “Krua Thai” may mean “Thai Family”. Family in Thai is “Krob Krua”.
    .-= Chin´s last blog ..Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa Kg Baru – Melati Utama =-.

• August 13, 2009 - 12:21 pm | Permalink

sounds nice wor but so faraway. haihz
    .-= ai wei´s last blog ..Memorable Birthday 09 Part 2: Kampachi @ Pavilion KL =-.

• August 13, 2009 - 12:57 pm | Permalink

Sorry on the “krob krua’ thing. Krua (Kitchen) Thai is “Thai Kitchen”. My apologies. Cobwebs in my mind:-)
    .-= Chin´s last blog ..Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa Kg Baru – Melati Utama =-.

• August 13, 2009 - 1:52 pm | Permalink

Ooh now I see what you mean! This tomyam looks to-die for!! Thank you thank you! I shall be heading to Kepong soon!
    .-= 550ml jar of faith´s last blog ..The Dearth of Great Tomyam be the Death of Me! =-.

• August 13, 2009 - 4:11 pm | Permalink

haha..sure your tam chiak look is there~
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..San Fransisco Steak House @ KLCC =-.

• Danny
    August 13, 2009 - 4:21 pm | Permalink

Good Thai food like this is hard to come by in KL. Why on earth all good food gather in Kepong, a place thats alien to me. Will take a cab there instead. Thanks guys for the info.

• August 14, 2009 - 9:04 am | Permalink

wowowo!!!! look so so nice!!! i love love loveeee thai food and tomyam! gosh! yeah why so many nice food in kepong :(
    .-= xin´s last blog ..SloppyChic on BestFoodJunction Mag July and Sate Kajang Hj Samuri =-.

• August 14, 2009 - 10:24 am | Permalink

I’m always lost in Kepong… will ask 4 directions if wanna go there…

Nice one!
    .-= superwilson´s last blog ..Famous Kuantan Curry Noodle @ Hoi Yin, Teluk Cempedak =-.

• August 14, 2009 - 10:33 am | Permalink

I like Thai food, the spicy tom yam soup causes my stomach so warm and sweat visible on my face, but I can’t stop having it more! This is the feeling that I like!
    .-= allie´s last blog ..Ah Basri Satay @ Sungai Ara =-.

• August 14, 2009 - 9:32 pm | Permalink

Aw this is delicious. Love thai food too!

• August 15, 2009 - 12:15 am | Permalink

I love that bowl of Tom Yam with that big prawn…just simply appetizing.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Jamuan Teh Malaysia (Malaysia Tea Party) Kuala Lumpur =-.