DIN TAI FUNG the Story at The Gardens Mid Valley

XIAO LONG BAO

Din Tai Fung Xi Long Bao 3Din Tai Fung Xi Long Bao 2
Din Tai Fung Xi Long Bao 1Din Tai Fung Xi Long Bao 4
Such a refine way of indulging these small crafted soup dumplings Xiao Long Bao which are traditionally filled with pork or even other meats such as beef, chicken and cross over to seafood and vegetarian fillings, as well as other possibilities. The characteristic soup inside is created by wrapping solid meat gelatin inside the skin alongside the meat filling. The heat from the steaming that melts the gelatin into soup. Eating companion will be thin finely cut ginger toasted over a mixture of special brewed soya sauce and dark vinegar, such a refine way of eating pleasure.

THE LIGHT WEIGHT

Din Tai Fung Special Appetizer
Din Tai Fung Special Appetizer tasted very pleasant indeed, light, crunchy and with a hint of sweetness in taste, just the way to begin the journey of refine food of the day.

Din Tai Fung Japanese Cucumber
Din Tai Fung Japanese Cucumber reminded me of petite food, small, refeshing and yet bursting with flavours. The thick slices of cucumber were well marinated to taste with a hint of chilli oil, not bad to start off with.

Din Tai Fung Stewed Beancurd with Honey Sauce
Tai Fung Stewed Beancurd with Honey Sauce tasted mild by lending the sweetness of the honey, some thing new to my taste but I usually prefered mine simple just like those drizzle on top of a bowl of Penang curry noodle, just my thoughts.

Din Tai Fung Spicy Jelly Fish
Din Tai Fung Spicy Jelly Fish faired well with me as I am a jelly fish fan. As you may know I am truly addicted with jelly fish over satay and sour chilli sauce. Here, it tasted good too, crunchy jelly fish toasted with sweet and sour sauce similarly to Thai chilli sauce.

Din Tai Fung Taiwanese Century Egg
Din Tai Fung Taiwanese Century Egg tasted awesome, just love the jelly texture of the egg and the creamy egg york . . . . century eggs imported directly from Taiwan.

THE CHAT BREAK

Din Tai Fung host
Our lunch host, Ms. Lim Meng Lu

Din Tai Fung host 1
The guests with the host

Din Tai Fung host 2
Ivan & Ken

Din Tai Fung host Chef
A brief chat with the Chef

• August 27, 2009 - 12:12 pm | Permalink

It’s not called top 10 for no reasons…. Xiao Long Bau very good!

• August 27, 2009 - 12:51 pm | Permalink

Their Xiu Long Bao and appetizers rock !
    .-= email2me´s last blog ..Kuala Lumpur Best Nasi Lemak at Jalan Ipoh, In Front Of HSBC Bank =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 1:01 pm | Permalink

I love the soupy pocket version of din tai fung’s xiu long bao, heavenly!
    .-= KennyT´s last blog ..Keep your fingers, toes and hair crossed for me! =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 1:03 pm | Permalink

Awesome food! You’ve made me hungry! Now, I’m craving Chinese food ;-P!

• August 27, 2009 - 1:54 pm | Permalink

if i ever know the date that you visited them, i would have asked you to check with them, when will they open a branch in penang. :P
    .-= New Kid On The Blog´s last blog ..75° Celsius Restaurant & Bar (Drinks) =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 2:05 pm | Permalink

Your Din Tai Fung looks like it has so much more than ours! :O Dumplings are things I can never get enough of :)

• August 27, 2009 - 2:45 pm | Permalink

tho i am not a sesame lover, but i enjoyed the bun.

p/s: century egg and wantans are my top favs!
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Ko Hyang @ The Gardens =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 2:45 pm | Permalink

T______T i missed this oneeee

• August 27, 2009 - 2:53 pm | Permalink

i had their promo set lunch (RM19 i think), with 6 XLB, noodles and drink. not bad, kinda worth the price paid.

and their XLB is still the best i’ve tasted in KL.
    .-= J2Kfm´s last blog ..Hoi Seng Restaurant @ Ipoh Garden =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 3:27 pm | Permalink

i wish to check out their spicy shrimp wanton..looks great!
    .-= SimpleGirl´s last blog ..100 Yen@Ipoh =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 3:42 pm | Permalink

I definitely will go there soon to try my favorite XLB..
    .-= Sonia´s last blog ..Hock Chuan Heong Restaurant, Pengkalan Weld Penang =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 4:30 pm | Permalink

huhuhu….missed out this due to the class >__<
    .-= ai wei´s last blog ..Memorable Birthday 09 Part 4: the blast @ Wong Kok Char Chan Teng =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 5:16 pm | Permalink

tried their food before. I purposely went for the xiao long bao, ordered some other dishes like ramen and stuff also.
    But I not very like their xiao long bao..dunno why..

• August 27, 2009 - 6:09 pm | Permalink

I love the XLB!!! LOVE! And the cong yau la mian! Yummy!
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..The making of… Vegetarian mooncake =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 7:08 pm | Permalink

I was at Tim Tai Fang in Shin Kong Place in Beijing last night. Yes, the place is just so popular…. Fortunately we were there early…there was a long queue outside.
    Incidentally it was Chinese Valentines Day, so all the more reason for the crowd. But this aside the Xiao Long Pao were good. My grandson got got his lips scalded!!1
    .-= Cathy´s last blog ..Chinese Valentines Day =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 9:20 pm | Permalink

since when did Ding Tai Fung establish in Malaysia??
    never knew it is in The Gardens.
    Their dishes are totally awesome.
    .-= My Taste Heaven´s last blog ..Wan Ton Mee @ Tai Wah Coffee Shop, Argyll Road =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 11:53 pm | Permalink

I miss this outing too. The XLB looks good…definitely will drop by to try out the food.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Bee Won Korean Traditional Restaurant, Hotel Royal Penang =-.

• August 28, 2009 - 2:53 am | Permalink

Yummy, I want some!
    .-= Little Corner of Mine´s last blog ..My Sweet Malaysia: Red Bean Soup Dessert with Sago and Glutinous Rice Balls =-.

• August 28, 2009 - 9:43 am | Permalink

wah! I want I want! The red bean dumpling look so adorable!
    .-= allie´s last blog ..Vintage Bulgaria | Penang Restaurant =-.

• August 28, 2009 - 9:59 am | Permalink

The really have nice stuffs. Yummy!
    .-= Little Inbox´s last blog ..Yam Rice ??? =-.

• August 28, 2009 - 10:19 am | Permalink

i;ve never tried this place before, although they’ve been opened for quite some time. it’s going into my KL makan list now! :P
    .-= lingzie´s last blog ..Kocha Taiwanese Delight @ Burmah Road, Penang =-.

• August 28, 2009 - 12:51 pm | Permalink

we love din tai fung and eat at their arcadia location in CA. The definitely don’t have those items there! wish they did though!
    .-= ravenouscouple´s last blog ..Banh Mi Thit Nuong – Vietnamese Sandwich with Grilled Pork =-.

• August 28, 2009 - 3:48 pm | Permalink

love their XLB.
    .-= foodbin´s last blog ..LA LA CHONG SEAFOOD RESTAURANT SDN BHD. =-.

• August 28, 2009 - 4:16 pm | Permalink

aiyoo..you also went for this tim sum outing ha~
    damm tempting but i think me starting to phobia of tim sum currently…

this whole week already dine tim sum 3 times including just now lunch~
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Xenri D’Garden Terrace @ Menara Hap Seng =-.