DIN TAI FUNG the Story at The Gardens Mid Valley

Din Tai Fung
THE DIN TAI FUNG OUTLET AT THE GARDENS

A week ago I tagged along the a bunch of foodies to attend a new menu tasting session at Din Tai Fung, The Gardens. There were seven of us at this food meet up with the awesome owner Ms Lim Meng Lu. Well, to be honest this is my first time stepping into this well known Taiwanese restaurant which I heard so much about and for what I know, this is one of the place where indulging into a Xiao Long Bao is a must, the perfect steam soup dumpling of a bite size.

DTF_E-Menu 1
THE NEW MENU

The Din Tai Fung new menu offers 11 different awesome variation of Taiwanese gourmet ranging from entrement with a tapas feel, to crunchy noodles with homemade taste till the classic desserts, just pure unimagineable taste.

• August 27, 2009 - 12:12 pm | Permalink

It’s not called top 10 for no reasons…. Xiao Long Bau very good!

• August 27, 2009 - 12:51 pm | Permalink

Their Xiu Long Bao and appetizers rock !
    .-= email2me´s last blog ..Kuala Lumpur Best Nasi Lemak at Jalan Ipoh, In Front Of HSBC Bank =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 1:01 pm | Permalink

I love the soupy pocket version of din tai fung’s xiu long bao, heavenly!
    .-= KennyT´s last blog ..Keep your fingers, toes and hair crossed for me! =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 1:03 pm | Permalink

Awesome food! You’ve made me hungry! Now, I’m craving Chinese food ;-P!

• August 27, 2009 - 1:54 pm | Permalink

if i ever know the date that you visited them, i would have asked you to check with them, when will they open a branch in penang. 😛
    .-= New Kid On The Blog´s last blog ..75° Celsius Restaurant & Bar (Drinks) =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 2:05 pm | Permalink

Your Din Tai Fung looks like it has so much more than ours! :O Dumplings are things I can never get enough of :)

• August 27, 2009 - 2:45 pm | Permalink

tho i am not a sesame lover, but i enjoyed the bun.

p/s: century egg and wantans are my top favs!
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Ko Hyang @ The Gardens =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 2:45 pm | Permalink

T______T i missed this oneeee

• August 27, 2009 - 2:53 pm | Permalink

i had their promo set lunch (RM19 i think), with 6 XLB, noodles and drink. not bad, kinda worth the price paid.

and their XLB is still the best i’ve tasted in KL.
    .-= J2Kfm´s last blog ..Hoi Seng Restaurant @ Ipoh Garden =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 3:27 pm | Permalink

i wish to check out their spicy shrimp wanton..looks great!
    .-= SimpleGirl´s last blog ..100 Yen@Ipoh =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 3:42 pm | Permalink

I definitely will go there soon to try my favorite XLB..
    .-= Sonia´s last blog ..Hock Chuan Heong Restaurant, Pengkalan Weld Penang =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 4:30 pm | Permalink

huhuhu….missed out this due to the class >__<
    .-= ai wei´s last blog ..Memorable Birthday 09 Part 4: the blast @ Wong Kok Char Chan Teng =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 5:16 pm | Permalink

tried their food before. I purposely went for the xiao long bao, ordered some other dishes like ramen and stuff also.
    But I not very like their xiao long bao..dunno why..

• August 27, 2009 - 6:09 pm | Permalink

I love the XLB!!! LOVE! And the cong yau la mian! Yummy!
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..The making of… Vegetarian mooncake =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 7:08 pm | Permalink

I was at Tim Tai Fang in Shin Kong Place in Beijing last night. Yes, the place is just so popular…. Fortunately we were there early…there was a long queue outside.
    Incidentally it was Chinese Valentines Day, so all the more reason for the crowd. But this aside the Xiao Long Pao were good. My grandson got got his lips scalded!!1
    .-= Cathy´s last blog ..Chinese Valentines Day =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 9:20 pm | Permalink

since when did Ding Tai Fung establish in Malaysia??
    never knew it is in The Gardens.
    Their dishes are totally awesome.
    .-= My Taste Heaven´s last blog ..Wan Ton Mee @ Tai Wah Coffee Shop, Argyll Road =-.

• August 27, 2009 - 11:53 pm | Permalink

I miss this outing too. The XLB looks good…definitely will drop by to try out the food.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Bee Won Korean Traditional Restaurant, Hotel Royal Penang =-.

• August 28, 2009 - 2:53 am | Permalink

Yummy, I want some!
    .-= Little Corner of Mine´s last blog ..My Sweet Malaysia: Red Bean Soup Dessert with Sago and Glutinous Rice Balls =-.

• August 28, 2009 - 9:43 am | Permalink

wah! I want I want! The red bean dumpling look so adorable!
    .-= allie´s last blog ..Vintage Bulgaria | Penang Restaurant =-.

• August 28, 2009 - 9:59 am | Permalink

The really have nice stuffs. Yummy!
    .-= Little Inbox´s last blog ..Yam Rice ??? =-.

• August 28, 2009 - 10:19 am | Permalink

i;ve never tried this place before, although they’ve been opened for quite some time. it’s going into my KL makan list now! 😛
    .-= lingzie´s last blog ..Kocha Taiwanese Delight @ Burmah Road, Penang =-.

• August 28, 2009 - 12:51 pm | Permalink

we love din tai fung and eat at their arcadia location in CA. The definitely don’t have those items there! wish they did though!
    .-= ravenouscouple´s last blog ..Banh Mi Thit Nuong – Vietnamese Sandwich with Grilled Pork =-.

• August 28, 2009 - 3:48 pm | Permalink

love their XLB.
    .-= foodbin´s last blog ..LA LA CHONG SEAFOOD RESTAURANT SDN BHD. =-.

• August 28, 2009 - 4:16 pm | Permalink

aiyoo..you also went for this tim sum outing ha~
    damm tempting but i think me starting to phobia of tim sum currently…

this whole week already dine tim sum 3 times including just now lunch~
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Xenri D’Garden Terrace @ Menara Hap Seng =-.