A Vegan Connection – Chocolate Avocado Cupcake

Soya Milk 300gm
Canola Oil 50gm
Vanilla extract 1tsp

chocolate avocado cupcake 1

vegan chocolate cupcake 1

• August 29, 2009 - 4:14 am | Permalink

I love anything with avocado and chocolate in it, do you ship to HK? LOL
    .-= KennyT´s last blog ..Popsywopsy Popsicles! =-.

• August 29, 2009 - 9:24 am | Permalink

Okiedokie.. will try this recipe today! Gotta buy the avocado now!
    .-= Selba´s last blog ..Tukang Tahu Gejrot (Stinky Tofu man) =-.

• August 29, 2009 - 10:04 am | Permalink

Thank you very much for your kind sharing, finally i found a cake recipe without eggs, earlier my husband asked me to bake a cake without eggs, I still figure out how to bake this..Xie Xie..
    .-= Sonia´s last blog ..Hotel and surrounding, Penang =-.

• August 29, 2009 - 10:42 am | Permalink

interesting recipe sunny! now have to look for avocado in the supermarket :)
    .-= lingzie´s last blog ..Kocha Taiwanese Delight @ Burmah Road, Penang =-.

• August 29, 2009 - 12:36 pm | Permalink

i didn;t get my copy of red tomato at the doorstep last week and this week
    haihz
    .-= ai wei´s last blog ..Memorable Birthday 09 Part 5: Dome @ KLCC =-.

• August 29, 2009 - 12:38 pm | Permalink

How intriguing!! Avocados and chocolate are probably two of my favouritest food separately but I can’t quite picture them together!
    .-= 550ml jar of faith´s last blog ..Spice & Everything Nice, My Spicy Kitchen, Sungei Way =-.

• August 29, 2009 - 5:44 pm | Permalink

Chef Sunny, this is an interesting recipe. I love avocado milkshake but haven’t tried using it for baking. This is a must try for me one fine day. Sigh..ever since I came into blogging, there are so many recipes to try but only got 1 mouth to chew & 1 tummy to digest!
    .-= petite nyonya´s last blog ..Nyonya Kuih Genggang =-.

• August 29, 2009 - 7:31 pm | Permalink

First time I tasted chocolate cake without using eggs, but tasted just awesome!
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..I’m Addicted to the Olay Game! =-.

• August 30, 2009 - 1:15 am | Permalink

Hmmm …. everyday look at your recipes, when do I get to try them cakes? Cupcakes … my fav !!!!!
    .-= Timothy Low´s last blog ..Din Tai Fung =-.

• August 30, 2009 - 3:06 am | Permalink

The avocado must keep the cake very moist. And, the strawberry looks great on top!
    .-= lisaiscooking´s last blog ..Pesto di Limone and Pesto ai due Pomodori =-.

• August 30, 2009 - 8:04 am | Permalink

OOh I love avocado and chocolate, so this cupcake is a double whammy. Thanks heaps for posting up the recipe. Btw I absolutely adore all your creations, they look soo pretty

• August 30, 2009 - 11:19 am | Permalink

Love and tasted many dishes with avocado but have yet to have it in a cupcake. Can’t wait to try it.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Teatime at Patisserie RUI Artisanal – Mont’ Kiara Meridin, KL =-.

• August 30, 2009 - 3:09 pm | Permalink

Great vegan cup cake
    !The taste must be similar to a drink I had when I visited Bukit Tinggi, Padang, Sumatra. The drink is called ‘apokat’.
    .-= Cathy´s last blog ..Pictures =-.

• August 31, 2009 - 12:53 am | Permalink

So excited to find a vegan cupcake here! Will definitely share it with my friends. Tks!
    .-= food-4tots´s last blog ..Power-packed oat bars =-.

• August 31, 2009 - 1:26 am | Permalink

This is so intriguing and it looks rich and decadent! I must pass this recipe on to my friend who is crazy about chocolate but can’t eat flour or dairy. She’ll be thrilled! I must try it to see what everybody is talking about (choc + avocado). Looks too good not to try!
    .-= Jamie´s last blog ..LES BLEUETS SONT BLEUS, LES ROSES SONT ROSES, =-.

• August 31, 2009 - 6:02 pm | Permalink

i’m still a noob in baking really ;P
    how to get a copy of red tomato ya??
    .-= Christine´s last blog ..Kushi Q Japanese Grill @ Tropicana City Mall =-.

• August 31, 2009 - 8:46 pm | Permalink

Sunny, thank you for sharing such a brilliant recipe. It’s so simple to put together, but the results are stunning.
    .-= The Little Teochew´s last blog ..Glazed Lemon Buttermilk Cupcakes =-.

• September 1, 2009 - 12:36 am | Permalink

I’m fascinated… So does the avocado stand in for the butter that would normally go in a cupcake?
    .-= Marc @ NoRecipes´s last blog ..Hummus With Caramelized Onions =-.

• September 1, 2009 - 4:29 am | Permalink

Wow, this is something to try. never thought of avocado and chocolate together. Thanks for fantastic idea!
    .-= veron´s last blog ..How to survive Sunday while waiting for True Blood =-.

• September 1, 2009 - 9:07 am | Permalink

Looks so petite and pretty. Maybe we should just keep it forever but now eat it !
    .-= backStreetGluttons´s last blog ..the unsolved mystery =-.

• September 1, 2009 - 11:08 am | Permalink

I have friends that are Vegan and its very difficult to make a dessert that they would like. Thank you for sharing your recipe. I cant wait to try them out… You have a fantastic blog.
    .-= Katherine´s last blog ..Ghermez Cupcakes Bondi Junction =-.

• September 1, 2009 - 10:18 pm | Permalink

ohh looks so heavenly!!! Thanks for sharing :)

• September 2, 2009 - 10:07 pm | Permalink

Yay for vegan baked goods! I love the sounds of these- avocado is always fantastic in my book! :)

• kate lee
    September 29, 2009 - 8:04 pm | Permalink

hi sunny, i fr Cameron Highlands, saw u from the newspaper (Guang Ming) teaching the avocado cup cake, straightaway i grab an avocado from my farm and tried the recipe…but my cakes were too watery even thought i fully followed the recipe)..n failed at the end..have u seen the newspaper? i think the newspaper printed the steps wrongly n the ingredients too..i just not sure…anyway ur cakes looked so delicious! thanks! will try one more time later

• kate lee
    September 29, 2009 - 8:17 pm | Permalink

hi sunny,
    is me again kate lee, i knew whats gone wrong with my avocado cupcake.. the newspaper printed using the high protein flour..n eventually is cake flour lah…no worry my farm got lots of avocado til..haha

• August 5, 2010 - 10:35 am | Permalink

The cupcakes look delicious…and attractive…
    .-= MnYfoodtalk´s last blog ..1 Year Old Lychee Cheese Cake Happy Birthday to My Nephew =-.