A Vegan Connection – Chocolate Avocado Cupcake

chocolate avocado cupcake sunny yaw

Recently I had a request for a vegan cake and I decided to bake this recipe chocolate avacado cupcake at one of my classes and would to share with you. It is simple, easy and everybody can bake it, just follow the recipe step by step.

vegan chocolate cupcake

• August 29, 2009 - 4:14 am | Permalink

I love anything with avocado and chocolate in it, do you ship to HK? LOL
    .-= KennyT´s last blog ..Popsywopsy Popsicles! =-.

• August 29, 2009 - 9:24 am | Permalink

Okiedokie.. will try this recipe today! Gotta buy the avocado now!
    .-= Selba´s last blog ..Tukang Tahu Gejrot (Stinky Tofu man) =-.

• August 29, 2009 - 10:04 am | Permalink

Thank you very much for your kind sharing, finally i found a cake recipe without eggs, earlier my husband asked me to bake a cake without eggs, I still figure out how to bake this..Xie Xie..
    .-= Sonia´s last blog ..Hotel and surrounding, Penang =-.

• August 29, 2009 - 10:42 am | Permalink

interesting recipe sunny! now have to look for avocado in the supermarket :)
    .-= lingzie´s last blog ..Kocha Taiwanese Delight @ Burmah Road, Penang =-.

• August 29, 2009 - 12:36 pm | Permalink

i didn;t get my copy of red tomato at the doorstep last week and this week
    haihz
    .-= ai wei´s last blog ..Memorable Birthday 09 Part 5: Dome @ KLCC =-.

• August 29, 2009 - 12:38 pm | Permalink

How intriguing!! Avocados and chocolate are probably two of my favouritest food separately but I can’t quite picture them together!
    .-= 550ml jar of faith´s last blog ..Spice & Everything Nice, My Spicy Kitchen, Sungei Way =-.

• August 29, 2009 - 5:44 pm | Permalink

Chef Sunny, this is an interesting recipe. I love avocado milkshake but haven’t tried using it for baking. This is a must try for me one fine day. Sigh..ever since I came into blogging, there are so many recipes to try but only got 1 mouth to chew & 1 tummy to digest!
    .-= petite nyonya´s last blog ..Nyonya Kuih Genggang =-.

• August 29, 2009 - 7:31 pm | Permalink

First time I tasted chocolate cake without using eggs, but tasted just awesome!
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..I’m Addicted to the Olay Game! =-.

• August 30, 2009 - 1:15 am | Permalink

Hmmm …. everyday look at your recipes, when do I get to try them cakes? Cupcakes … my fav !!!!!
    .-= Timothy Low´s last blog ..Din Tai Fung =-.

• August 30, 2009 - 3:06 am | Permalink

The avocado must keep the cake very moist. And, the strawberry looks great on top!
    .-= lisaiscooking´s last blog ..Pesto di Limone and Pesto ai due Pomodori =-.

• August 30, 2009 - 8:04 am | Permalink

OOh I love avocado and chocolate, so this cupcake is a double whammy. Thanks heaps for posting up the recipe. Btw I absolutely adore all your creations, they look soo pretty

• August 30, 2009 - 11:19 am | Permalink

Love and tasted many dishes with avocado but have yet to have it in a cupcake. Can’t wait to try it.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Teatime at Patisserie RUI Artisanal – Mont’ Kiara Meridin, KL =-.

• August 30, 2009 - 3:09 pm | Permalink

Great vegan cup cake
    !The taste must be similar to a drink I had when I visited Bukit Tinggi, Padang, Sumatra. The drink is called ‘apokat’.
    .-= Cathy´s last blog ..Pictures =-.

• August 31, 2009 - 12:53 am | Permalink

So excited to find a vegan cupcake here! Will definitely share it with my friends. Tks!
    .-= food-4tots´s last blog ..Power-packed oat bars =-.

• August 31, 2009 - 1:26 am | Permalink

This is so intriguing and it looks rich and decadent! I must pass this recipe on to my friend who is crazy about chocolate but can’t eat flour or dairy. She’ll be thrilled! I must try it to see what everybody is talking about (choc + avocado). Looks too good not to try!
    .-= Jamie´s last blog ..LES BLEUETS SONT BLEUS, LES ROSES SONT ROSES, =-.

• August 31, 2009 - 6:02 pm | Permalink

i’m still a noob in baking really ;P
    how to get a copy of red tomato ya??
    .-= Christine´s last blog ..Kushi Q Japanese Grill @ Tropicana City Mall =-.

• August 31, 2009 - 8:46 pm | Permalink

Sunny, thank you for sharing such a brilliant recipe. It’s so simple to put together, but the results are stunning.
    .-= The Little Teochew´s last blog ..Glazed Lemon Buttermilk Cupcakes =-.

• September 1, 2009 - 12:36 am | Permalink

I’m fascinated… So does the avocado stand in for the butter that would normally go in a cupcake?
    .-= Marc @ NoRecipes´s last blog ..Hummus With Caramelized Onions =-.

• September 1, 2009 - 4:29 am | Permalink

Wow, this is something to try. never thought of avocado and chocolate together. Thanks for fantastic idea!
    .-= veron´s last blog ..How to survive Sunday while waiting for True Blood =-.

• September 1, 2009 - 9:07 am | Permalink

Looks so petite and pretty. Maybe we should just keep it forever but now eat it !
    .-= backStreetGluttons´s last blog ..the unsolved mystery =-.

• September 1, 2009 - 11:08 am | Permalink

I have friends that are Vegan and its very difficult to make a dessert that they would like. Thank you for sharing your recipe. I cant wait to try them out… You have a fantastic blog.
    .-= Katherine´s last blog ..Ghermez Cupcakes Bondi Junction =-.

• September 1, 2009 - 10:18 pm | Permalink

ohh looks so heavenly!!! Thanks for sharing :)

• September 2, 2009 - 10:07 pm | Permalink

Yay for vegan baked goods! I love the sounds of these- avocado is always fantastic in my book! :)

• kate lee
    September 29, 2009 - 8:04 pm | Permalink

hi sunny, i fr Cameron Highlands, saw u from the newspaper (Guang Ming) teaching the avocado cup cake, straightaway i grab an avocado from my farm and tried the recipe…but my cakes were too watery even thought i fully followed the recipe)..n failed at the end..have u seen the newspaper? i think the newspaper printed the steps wrongly n the ingredients too..i just not sure…anyway ur cakes looked so delicious! thanks! will try one more time later

• kate lee
    September 29, 2009 - 8:17 pm | Permalink

hi sunny,
    is me again kate lee, i knew whats gone wrong with my avocado cupcake.. the newspaper printed using the high protein flour..n eventually is cake flour lah…no worry my farm got lots of avocado til..haha

• August 5, 2010 - 10:35 am | Permalink

The cupcakes look delicious…and attractive…
    .-= MnYfoodtalk´s last blog ..1 Year Old Lychee Cheese Cake Happy Birthday to My Nephew =-.